Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stinky guy cotten oilskins... help!

Options
  • 18-07-2014 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

Hi all, as per thread title, I have an old guy cotten jacket that a mate gave to me and I'm just wondering how to get the ould-man-wee smell off it as it hasn't been worn in years! Any ideas would be great.
    Cheers
    LR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭.red.

Pop it in a big bucket with a bit of washing up liquid of washing powder and fill with water for a cew days. Give it a good rinse and let it dry.
    Youll sweat like a pig in them in warm weather tho. Not the comfiest thing to wear in any kind of summer weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Longranger

.red. wrote: »
    Pop it in a big bucket with a bit of washing up liquid of washing powder and fill with water for a cew days. Give it a good rinse and let it dry.
    Youll sweat like a pig in them in warm weather tho. Not the comfiest thing to wear in any kind of summer weather.

Cheers lad,I'll give it a go. I've been using the same set for fifteen years as I work on a charter boat,but I always rinse mine off under the tap at the quayside when we get in so they've never gotten to smelly,but this one is pure rank! U just took it cos I thought I could keep them on the boat in case a customer was stuck. I'll go fill a bucket now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭.red.

Longranger wrote: »
    Cheers lad,I'll give it a go. I've been using the same set for fifteen years as I work on a charter boat,but I always rinse mine off under the tap at the quayside when we get in so they've never gotten to smelly,but this one is pure rank! U just took it cos I thought I could keep them on the boat in case a customer was stuck. I'll go fill a bucket now.....

You could always just tie them to the boat on the cruise out and back and that should sort them too lol.

Advertisement