Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gmail Question

Options
  • 18-07-2014 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have an issue with gmail that I have been unable to fix for over a year now.

My gmail language changes to portuguese every day or second day at least.
    When I click into language settings my settings are down as English and my country is set to Ireland. This is the case with all my gmail and Google settings.

It happens no matter what computer I log in from, both Mac and PC. I had never been to Portugal when this started happening. I have changed my password numerous times in case it was someone pranking me. I have not found anyone with the same issue online and I cannot find an answer online.

Does anyone know what could be causing this or how I can fix it as its really annoying?
    Or is there any way to actually contact Google to help with this account issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Try change your Google account language, not just for Gmail.

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32047?hl=en

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Clear cookies too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Have you considered emigrating to Portugal - or Brazil?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Is it like this on all devices or just one?
    The reason I ask is where I work sometimes when we get a mail it updates our computer language to Chinese - basically the best fix for us is to on the computer ensure that Enlish (Ireland) is selected, put it to default and delete all other enabled languages...

Advertisement