Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shakespeare agility fly rod

Options
  • 18-07-2014 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi all.I was thinking of buying the 10 ft 7wt version of this range and was wondering if anyone out there has one and if so, what they think of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭whelzer

I got an Agility Rise about 2 weeks ago - 7ft 4wt. An absolute cracker of a rod. Over the years I've had Daiwa, Greys, Reddington, and Sage fly rods.

The quality of so budget gear has really, really improved in recent times.

Just realised I've too many fly rods... Also have a Cortland, Vision, Flextec and a few bespoke jobbys (10wt pike/bass) knocking around.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭rtc

whelzer wrote: »
    I got an Agility Rise about 2 weeks ago - 7ft 4wt. An absolute cracker of a rod. Over the years I've had Daiwa, Greys, Reddington, and Sage fly rods.

The quality of so budget gear has really, really improved in recent times.

Just realised I've too many fly rods... Also have a Cortland, Vision, Flextec and a few bespoke jobbys (10wt pike/bass) knocking around.

Thanks for the reply whelzer.I have read some good things on the net about these rods so I think I'll go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭madred006

rtc wrote: »
    Hi all.I was thinking of buying the 10 ft 7wt version of this range and was wondering if anyone out there has one and if so, what they think of it.

Have 5wt as a back up rod and have been using it quite a bit, since I broke top section of my loop and every bit as good for a fraction of the price .

Advertisement