Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tolka river licence

Options
  • 18-07-2014 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to get a day or month licence for the tolka? Or is it just club waters? Any public sections?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It's covered here - http://www.fishinginireland.info/trout/east/dublin/tolka.htm

It seems to be seasonal permits only.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭whelzer

Annual only, €25 euro which is not bad, Henrys in ballybough will sort you out, the river is extremely low at the minute, almost unfishable in a lot of places...

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭gumbo1

whelzer wrote: »
    Annual only, €25 euro which is not bad, Henrys in ballybough will sort you out, the river is extremely low at the minute, almost unfishable in a lot of places...

I walked a length of it during last week and saw a lot of fish rising to flies and fancied a go but as it's club waters I wouldn't! That's why was wondering about day or week licence, annual or season? Is the tolka fishable year round?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Season:
    Brown Trout: 17th March - 30th September
    Sea Trout: 1st February - 12th Octctober.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭whelzer

Just got a txt regarding a massive fish kill either last night or this morning finglas/glasnevin area!

Yet again this great river abused.

Confirmed... http://www.thejournal.ie/tolka-fish-dead-1583514-Jul2014/

What a f*ker. I was at this stetch on Sunday night and last Friday with my 9 year old. He caught 3-4 lovely looking small fish and was thrilled... yes it'll be stocked again but the damage to plants and insects could take ages rectify!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭gumbo1

Think I'll postpone the purchase of a licence now! Terrible thing to happen to any river, yes the fish can be replaced with stockies but they'll be fished out before there'd be a chance for spawning so it'll be to no good end!!

Advertisement