Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

The Strain by Guillermo del Toro

Comments

• Havnt read the books but will watch it when FX screen it this side of the pond. Ive avoided reviews and what not as I want to make my own mind up.

• I read but lost interest in the original material, but decided to give the show a viewing.

I thought it was solid, nice blend of mystery, suspense, horror and outright gore.

Based on the first episode, it may not be a must see, but it's definitely one to keep an eye on.

• just watched the first episode...looks intriguing at least..dont know the books..

Edit: Just watched up to episode 6..will definitely keep watching. Story is strong, acting is good. Violence..is violent....blood, etc....

• Been ok so far, not great though. Doesn't strike me as being anything particularly original at the moment. And that Master dude from the coffin is simply a bigger, slightly more solid version of the Dementors from Harry Potter. Moves exactly like them anyway.

Advertisement