Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car parking in midleton

Options
  • 16-07-2014 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

When has anyone last seen a traffic warden in Midleton, co cork?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

When has anyone last seen a traffic warden in Midleton, co cork?

Eh? Why would you need one? Parking is free in Midleton.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Lambofdave

mordeith wrote: »
    Eh? Why would you need one? Parking is free in Midleton.

not for much longer if the County Council gets its way.

Have you ever seen some of the poor excuses for parking in Midleton

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

They completely defeated the purpose of the free parking when they added all the fancy-schmancy street furniture that barely gets used.

What does the county council have to do with it though?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭solargain

They strated charging in Bandon a few years ago & I used to always stop off there , since the charging came in I have never given that town a cent in business. Midleton traders should stand up to the council and say no charging . Thats what keeps the town so vibrant

daveohdave wrote: »
    What does the county council have to do with it though?

Everything. Town councils are disbanded so the County Council are now responsible for administration

• Advertisement

Lambofdave wrote: »
    Have you ever seen some of the poor excuses for parking in Midleton

While the parking can be dodgy at times, people tend not to get too bothered about it as when parking is free there's a more relaxed vibe in general I find. Introducing pay parking to Midleton would be a disaster I reckon. Just look at all the controversy over pay parking in Douglas, Carrigaline etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Pay parking would be a bad idea, but there is a problem with spaces being used all day, leading to a lack of availability.

deRanged wrote: »
    Pay parking would be a bad idea, but there is a problem with spaces being used all day, leading to a lack of availability.

Thta's true, but coupled with this is the notorious laziness of people who won't park anywhere but right outside a shop. Fair enough if you're collecting a television, but the multi-storey is never used and the car park by the distillery usually has a few spaces as well but people don't want to bother walking a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

is that multi storey open? it's really handy, and it's not like Main st is all that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Lambofdave

The high rise is closed, that has to be one of the most stupid developments ever in midleton ever. Many times i have tryed to get up main street and have to stop because of poor parking or double parking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭solargain

Charging for parking is not going to sort your problem , its going to turn people away from the town

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

mordeith wrote: »
    Everything. Town councils are disbanded so the County Council are now responsible for administration

Feck. I knew about the merging of councils / ridings / etc, but I had no idea the town councils were being abolished. I'm not sure whether that's a good or a bad thing. So Midleton Town Council's last hurrah was the footpaths, against trader's wishes? I'm glad to see the back of them, anyway.

I've always said that one of Youghal's first steps to regenerate their town should have been to remove the paid parking. On which note, I see the Boardwalk is still in bits. Such a great idea, ruined in the implementation. There's no way a single storm should've been able to take that out.
    Lambofdave wrote: »
    The high rise is closed, that has to be one of the most stupid developments ever in midleton ever. Many times i have tryed to get up main street and have to stop because of poor parking or double parking

When did that close? I tended to pop in there but only because it was so quiet, avoid dings in my doors.

I've always said that one of Youghal's first steps to regenerate their town should have been to remove the paid parking.
    I think you'd have to retain it on the main street though. Midleton is wide enough to accomodate the odd double park but a car parked even remotely badly in Youghal could back the place up completely.
    On which note, I see the Boardwalk is still in bits. Such a great idea, ruined in the implementation. There's no way a single storm should've been able to take that out.
    While I agree that the way it was built was perhaps a bit naive, unless they had installed concrete piles there was no chance of it surviving that particular storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Anyone know if there are security cameras in the car park by iceland in midleton? My car was damaged in there and need to know if there is any way to find who did it!

☀️ 10.75kwp.

⚡️5kw SunSynk, 5.95kwp SE, 3.2kwp SE, .8kwp NW, .8kwp SW. 15kwh SunSynk BYD Battery.⚡️

Advertisement