Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Daredevil [Netflix/Disney - Spoilers]

• 24-05-2014 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,279 ✭✭✭✭

Steven S. DeKnight (Spartacus, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel) named new DAREDEVIL showrunner!

link
    Post edited by pixelburp on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,279 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Charlie Cox (Boardwalk Empire) cast as Daredevil.

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 84,954 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Charlie Cox (Boardwalk Empire) cast as Daredevil.

Link

Not too keen on him as Matt Murdock, looks too young

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I loved him in Boardwalk Empire. Good stuff.

Vincent D’Onofrio cast as Wilson Fisk :D

That could be an inspired casting.

Marvel.com

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Vincent D’Onofrio cast as Wilson Fisk :D

That could be an inspired casting.

Marvel.com

It's what pushes me from intrigued to excited about this. He is such a terrific actor; it is perfect casting IMO.

• Advertisement

Rosario Dawson joins the cast.

She would be a cool Elektra if that is who she is cast as.

Link

Elden Henson has been cast in Marvel's Daredevil.
    The actor will play the role of Foggy Nelson

Another good casting.

Peter Shinkoda will play Hachiro Source

Deborah Ann Woll Joins ‘Daredevil’ as Karen Page.

They are really getting a great cast in.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/true-bloods-deborah-ann-woll-joins-daredevil-1201264004/

• Advertisement

Deborah Ann Woll Joins ‘Daredevil’ as Karen Page.

They are really getting a great cast in.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/true-bloods-deborah-ann-woll-joins-daredevil-1201264004/

Bar Cox as the lead but maybe he will prove me wrong though :p

Vincent D'Onofrio Talks Playing 'Kingpin'.

On a potential crossover with the MCU:
    "Well, I think they have some kind of plan. I’m not really allowed to discuss what the plan is, but they have a plan. I think the beginning of the plan is series stuff with Netflix, and then they have a bigger plan to branch out, but I wouldn’t be able to tell you specifically what that is."

http://screencrush.com/daredevil-vincent-donofrio-interview-kingpin-exclusive/

“Will not be afraid to go darker” than Marvel’s films. :D
    One obvious question is whether or not the Netflix characters will end up in big-screen stories. While DC seems determined to keep the TV and film universes separate, Marvel has already cross-pollinated the film and TV worlds via Agents of SHIELD, and will continue to do so in the upcoming Agent Carter series.
    Sarandos said,
    [A crossover] has definitely been talked about. ‘Daredevil’ is already shooting, since that’s out first. Eventually the series will run very close together. You can then have a separate season where the characters will cross over.
    I asked Kevin Feige the crossover question six weeks ago, and he demurred:
    We haven’t talked about that yet, really, because it’s just early days for that. Daredevil is in production right now. But it is the same universe, so there’s always potential for that.

http://www.slashfilm.com/marvel-netflix-shows/

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

First image of the costume inspired by Frank Miller and John Romita, Jr.'s seminal DAREDEVIL: MAN WITHOUT FEAR series, widely considered to be one of the most important and influential Daredevil stories of all time.
    http://marvel.com/news/tv/23448/your_official_first_look_at_charlie_cox_in_marvels_daredvil_on_netflix

5439aa6fceaf8.jpg

5439aaea946a5.jpg

^ Cox looks like Billy Bob Thornton is his lawyer suit and Zorro is his Daredevil suit :p I assume the Daredevil suit will change i.e. to red as the show progresses

ddevil.png

10920934_840148306028264_6256073956058383829_n.jpg?oh=8063e47d15a8457a1ee9b01548e44807&oe=5537AD0F

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Flippin' American date formats; I had to google to figure out if it was coming out in April or October :D

Daredevil's set in New York yeah? Is it known if the show will make any direct references to events that happened in The Avengers? Agents of SHIELD never really addressed the small matter of an alien invasion in the heart of NY, it'd be a little weird if Daredevil also skirted the issue...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

pixelburp wrote: »
    Flippin' American date formats; I had to google to figure out if it was coming out in April or October :D

Daredevil's set in New York yeah? Is it known if the show will make any direct references to events that happened in The Avengers? Agents of SHIELD never really addressed the small matter of an alien invasion in the heart of NY, it'd be a little weird if Daredevil also skirted the issue...

I've only seen each episode once, but I could have sworn that Coulson never shut up about that in the first few episodes? Kept mentioning it, and how he died, and how he was pals with the Avengers?...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Average-Ro wrote: »
    I've only seen each episode once, but I could have sworn that Coulson never shut up about that in the first few episodes? Kept mentioning it, and how he died, and how he was pals with the Avengers?...
    Yep they also had a number of episodes which dealt with artifacts left over from the battle - Chitauri Helmet

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Average-Ro wrote: »

Sorry, I didn't expand enough, I was talking from the point of view of a society, not just as a plot convenience: yeah there was a running thing of Coulson name-dropping the battle ad nauseum but it seems passing strange the world seemed to just carry on as if it was no big thing.

It'd seem like a missed opportunity if a Marvel show set on the streets of New York didn't look at how people's lives might change or warp after the alien invasion. Everyone's otherwise so glib about it. It's often remarked how transformative the discovery of alien life would be on humanity - to have it invade the 5 Boroughs without it changing the world seems ... weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Sorry, I didn't expand enough, I was talking from the point of view of a society, not just as a plot convenience: yeah there was a running thing of Coulson name-dropping the battle ad nauseum but it seems passing strange the world seemed to just carry on as if it was no big thing.

It'd seem like a missed opportunity if a Marvel show set on the streets of New York didn't look at how people's lives might change or warp after the alien invasion. Everyone's otherwise so glib about it. It's often remarked how transformative the discovery of alien life would be on humanity - to have it invade the 5 Boroughs without it changing the world seems ... weird.

In our world it would be a big thing. In a world with ironman, the norse god of thunder and a giant green Man, not so much.

In our world it would be a big thing. In a world with ironman, the norse god of thunder and a giant green Man, not so much.

I don't agree, but it's speculation for now: I just hope Daredevil has the self-awareness to run with the notion that if aliens tried to demolish your city, or a giant space slug died ontop of your apartment building, it's going to change ordinary Joe Brooklyn's world. It's easy to dismiss an eccentric billionaire and his high-tech toys; aliens on the streets wrecking the place is going to leave scars - potentially interesting-for-a-plot scars. In a world of superheroes, what's it like being an ordinary citizen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Ah right, I understand where you're coming from now, and I agree.

I do think that it will be touched upon in Daredevil and the other netflix shows though. They seem more "attached" to the streets so we should be seeing the effects of the aftermath (well, I hope we see it anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Don't forget, these shows are set 2+ years after Avengers. By now, a lot of the fallout from the Battle of New York will be receding into the background anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

Teaser for the teaser released, because that's a thing now apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Advertisement