Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Daredevil [Netflix/Disney - Spoilers]

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well it feels like there's a grittier edge to this than the Marvel films, or even Agents of SHIELD (though the tone there could be pretty scattershot at times). Certainly seems like there's more blood in that trailer than there has been in the entire cinematic run!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

Looks good to me. Tone is certainly a shift for Marvel which isn't a bad thing. Even at PG-13 you can get away with so much so they should be stretching the limits a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Disney/Marvel did say they went to Netflix because they could make it a lot more grittier and darker than they could do on traditional tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Really liking the look of this. Going to Netflix could end up being a great move.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Really liking the look of this. Going to Netflix could end up being a great move.

Being able to binge from the day it's released will be a huge advantage to using Netflix, that and that there are only 13 episodes compared to other marvel shows with >20 episodes per season. The other marvel shows are kind of hard to commit to to be honest since you have to watch one episode a week for over half a year, that can cause you to just fizzle out viewing if there are a couple of bad episodes in a row. Waiting for their whole season to be out goes on for so long you can even forget about it and end up not being bothered to watch it all, which was how I was with AoS and also the DC shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Funnily enough that's what has happened to me in the past. I'll come to a show a couple of seasons in and binge watch. Then my interest dies when I've to wait week to week.

Much prefer binge watching ( although my wife hate's doing it. )

Funnily enough that's what has happened to me in the past. I'll come to a show a couple of seasons in and binge watch. Then my interest dies when I've to wait week to week.

Much prefer binge watching ( although my wife hate's doing it. )

I never even really properly binge, aside from breaking bad where I'd watch it from breakfast until i had to sleep lol, but even just being able to watch 2 or 3 episodes straight through a day with no ad breaks is amazing. Especially with the best made shows that feel like movies like True Detective, Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire.

If you go on the page for this on the US Netflix it has a TV-MA rating so it look to have an R rating which is great news. The Miller and Bendis runs are supposed to be biggest influence so I'm glad that's not going to be diluted. Have any other Marvel studios films gone further than a PG-13 rating?

If you go on the page for this on the US Netflix it has a TV-MA rating so it look to have an R rating which is great news. The Miller and Bendis runs are supposed to be biggest influence so I'm glad that's not going to be diluted. Have any other Marvel studios films gone further than a PG-13 rating?

Nice!

All the films are 12A maximum AFAIK.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,120 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I wonder is the get up a deliberate homage to the one he had in The trial of the Incredible Hulk because it looks very similar.

I like the look of the trailer anyway :)

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I wonder is the get up a deliberate homage to the one he had in The trial of the Incredible Hulk because it looks very similar.

I like the look of the trailer anyway :)

It's an adaptation of Frank Miller's run on an origin arc called 'The Man Without Fear'.

The titles of the first three episodes are. Marvel are going mature.

1)Into the Ring and carries a warning for “strong violence” and “bloody images.”

2)Cut Man and is rated for “strong violence”

3)Rabbit in a Snow Storm and is rated for “strong bloody violence”

The first two episodes are directed by Phil Abraham who was the Cinematographer on The Sopranos & Mad Men.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Looking forward to this, was always a fan of daredevil and I'm in the minority of people who enjoyed most of the first movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SoftMicro

This show can't come out soon enough. Looking forward to it

Finally a superhero show I'll actually watch the whole way through.

The reviews are in and most of it is looking unanimous in its praise.

Comicbookmovie.com have a few snippets on their site here.

My anticipation for this is genuinely higher than for Avengers: AOU.

• Advertisement

Trying to stay away from any kind of review but i saw one spoiler free one that said they nailed it dead on and its bloody fantastic.

Trying to stay away from any kind of review but i saw one spoiler free one that said they nailed it dead on and its bloody fantastic.

Aye, I've just read a couple of the snippets myself. It's giving me great hope for the Netflix shows, the Defenders has got some real potential to be something special. The showrunner was talking up the idea of the Punisher getting his own Netflix show as well recently. Love to see that happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Soooo pumped for this. Hopefully it re-popularizes Daredevil like Arrow has helped DC with Green Arrow. I'm tired of being the only guy I know in on this.

Unrelated to comics but I'd love to see a live action series of the Hitman video games made by Netflix. If they put a budget behind it even close to the size of Marco Polos one or House of Cards it could be made to be the best action TV series ever, could be done so every episode is like a movie similar to Game of Thrones' quality. Would have to be 18s, obviously, since some of the deaths would have to be very violent to live up to the potential. It wouldn't have to, or actually shouldn't, be made like some Mission Impossible or Expendables action where he goes in all guns blazing and blowing everything up. It'd be unbelievable if they did it very suspenseful and tense by having him sneak his way around entire buildings packed with enemies and only have him kill the target before sneaking all the way back out again.

With the right soundtrack and cinematography this could be done incredibly and so intensely that people watching it even get adrenaline and anxiety expecting him to get caught. If anyone's played Hitman Absolution they'll know the mission where he has to sneak from the ground floor to the top of a hotel. An entire episode about something similar to this would be unreal.

There are rumours of a Punisher series I think, not sure if it'd be possible but if they made both of these it'd be even better if they could do a crossover of the two. Hardest part of Hitman would be casting an actor capable of playing the past with the screen presence he deserves.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was an name drop or even a cameo (Just someone walking past with a skull t-shirt) of some sorts of Frank Castle in this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Maybe down the line but early reviews have said there's fcuk all winks and nods, which I'm actually looking forward to.

We're Vincent D'Onofrio and Charlie Cox are doing an AMA on Reddit right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Getting praise everywhere that I can see.
    1 more day :D

0tmX52a-Imgur.jpg

image apparently comes directly from Netflix's servers and was quickly taken down after being posted on reddit. Could still be fan art but looks good

• Advertisement

Getting praise everywhere that I can see.
    1 more day :D

Sweet, was fully sure it was out the 12th in which case I would've had to wait to binge it, second weekend in a row I'll spend binging a show on Netflix (Better Call Saul)

Advertisement