Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to promote a new sportive (Cycle Ataxia)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

Orion wrote: »
    I should be able to do this one. Bloggsie - fancy doing it together?

Get it listed on irishsportives.ie.

BTW the cycle ataxia link in the op doesn't work.
    Morning Orion,

sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I am doing the King of Greystones on that date(must get out soon, havent been out for a wee while)

Bloggsie

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭afishyfish

Bloggsie wrote: »
    Morning Orion,

sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I am doing the King of Greystones on that date(must get out soon, havent been out for a wee while)

Bloggsie

Ah Bloggsie. Don't mind that greystones crowd.
    I just checked the weather and it's gonna lash rain in Greystones on August 10th?
    Forecast for glorious sunshine in Ashbourne though.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭wisjoc

Just looked at the route via their web page. Know most of the roads round there. Looks like a really good route with a few hills thrown in as a bit of a challenge. The one just past Naul over Snowton will bite the legs a bit. Will more than likely sign up for this.

Thanks wisjoc. Yeah, that's a doozie of a hill alright. Might get a couple walking up that.
    Tara is no picnic either.

This is happening this Sunday. If any of you folk want to come along it would be great to see you. Should be a cracker of a day.
    You can register on the morning or pre register at www.CycleAtaxia.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

Pity its on the same day as the Martin Earley tour of Kildare other than that i would have done it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

See you in Ashbourne, gonna ride out from Dunshaughlin and do my August Gran Fondo too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I'm going to get dropped out but cycle home to Maynooth afterwards for mine :)

Orion wrote: »
    I'm going to get dropped out but cycle home to Maynooth afterwards for mine :)
    what, were cycling home, you never mentioned that!

didn't I? It's only 20km from Ashbourne. Probably have to swing by Kilcock and back to get the 130 up :D

We'll see how the legs are. The missus will be heading back that way at lunchtime so we might hitch a lift if the Hill of Tara kills us.

• Advertisement

IF, i'll be in a body bag after it! Tell my wife & son that I love them!

what time on Sunday?

Sure they'll be in Brady's - we'll pop in for some rehydration and you can tell them yourself :D

I'll give you a ring later and arrange to pick you up on Sunday morning. Probably leave at about 7:45.

with the rain that is promised for sunday, hydration wont be a problem

It'll be grand!

that line makes you sound just like an Irish Mammy!

This takes place tomorrow. Would be great if any of you guys could come down. Shaping up to be a great event. Hope the weather is kind!!

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭BGT

afishyfish wrote: »
    This takes place tomorrow. Would be great if any of you guys could come down. Shaping up to be a great event. Hope the weather is kind!!

afishyfish - best of luck with the event tomorrow, given the huge effort in planning and logistics that you and your team have put into it, it is sure to be a great success, and anyone thinking of doing it should, as it is a great cause and some super routes.

Thanks for that BGT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Best of luck, heres a bump!

Best of luck, heres a bump!

Thanks!

• Advertisement

On with the winter wet gear gonna be a sloppy one today

Great day out, very well organised. A special word of thanks to the motorcycle marshals. Rode there and back so did my 130km for the month :)

Good to meet you borderfox.

Grand event indeed. Well marshalled and bloody tough route. My legs are not happy with me right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Good route and organisation. Nice to meet you Orion. Tough enough route and weather played game most of the day.

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Good route and organisation. Nice to meet you Orion. Tough enough route and weather played game most of the day.

You too. We were lucky with the weather. Rain held off but some nice gusting headwinds to mix it up.

Borderfox wrote: »
    Great day out, very well organised. A special word of thanks to the motorcycle marshals. Rode there and back so did my 130km for the month :)
    nice to meet you as well borderfox, my legs gave up after 20 odd kms & I ended up in the broom wagon, got back out & did the 44km. Great event & well run.

Thanks for coming out to support the cause lads. I really appreciate it. The first year was always going to be difficult. I'm getting lots of positive feedback which is great and very nice to hear. However, I'm also keen to hear constructive criticism so that I can improve the event going forward.
    One issue I'm aware of is that (considering the weather) I should have made provision for hot drinks at the food stops.
    Can anybody else suggest an area that could have been improved?
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

My only criticism on what was a well run and supported day was the starting time - we rolled out at 9.40am for a 9am start. Bit of hanging round made people wonder what was going on.

Breakfast was a nice touch at the start - not usual for a lot of sportives. Other than the kick off time, every aspect including organisation and food stops was excellent.

Thanks Pinch Flat. Will take that on board. We were caught a little flat footed on the morning. Will aim to be more on the ball and punctual next year.

• Advertisement

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    My only criticism on what was a well run and supported day was the starting time - we rolled out at 9.40am for a 9am start. Bit of hanging round made people wonder what was going on.

Breakfast was a nice touch at the start - not usual for a lot of sportives. Other than the kick off time, every aspect including organisation and food stops was excellent.
    I have to agree with you pinch flat, hanging around was a bit of a pain, not knowing what was going on or when we were heading. I have been on a couple of these & the stated start time is the start time, if someone is late, no hanging around, we just go.

I tried to register online & couldn't, I spoke with a couple of people & was told that 3-5% is taken from the entry fee, that to me seems to much revenue to lose. Pay on the day system(how every it is organised means you keep 100%)

Brilliant day despite falling on my ass! Thanks.

Advertisement