Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fishing at hidden valley campsite

Options
  • 22-06-2014 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

any good tips for fishing the river at hidden valley campsite/is it just trout fly fishing or are there other speices perch/pike etc many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭whelzer

My top tip for here is don't bother! (I was there June BH for 3 nights).
    In this weather there will be a gazillion kids paddling, throwing stones, rubbish and each other into the river from 8am until 10pm! I fished every likely hole/run about 5am one morning right through the section below the main bridge to the next bridge and whilst it looks stunning imho it contains nothing but tiny < 6" fish and even then not many!. There are other sections of the Avonmore (I tried some) but I reckon the river up and down stream of rathdrum had been badly abused. On a short walk along a bank - I found evidence of serious poaching. I spoke to member of Rathdrum Anglers and for two nights on the bounce he blanked in the section below Rathdrum.

Just my 2 cents worth.... I would have liked to explore more but had the kids paddling, throwing stones (not rubbish I hope!) and each other into the river from 8am until 10pm...

hey just to to be clear - this a great camp site (we are going back in August), its just the "fishing" I was commenting on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭jimbev

thanks very much for that Whelzer

Advertisement