Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Support - ICT

• 22-06-2014 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi folks
    Has anyone put in for any of the other jobs such as ICT? I passed the aptitude tests and have been invited for interview.

Being honest I'm not sure if I'd want the job certainly long term but it would be good prior to being a PC. My other issue/ concern is would you want to be going in and out of lots of different stations in your own car throughout NI without a PPW strapped to your hip. It is NI we live in and you hope it would never be used but at least you'd have a chance. Any thoughts/opinions especially from any support staff?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

I work in a station and have been in and out of stations for a good few years in my own car .. Theres always that risk and I have had a few moments where people have recognised my car or me but i love my current job and doin this job was the extra push i needed to apply for the police :)

Good Luck with ur interview!!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭TDA2

LG1985 wrote: »
    I work in a station and have been in and out of stations for a good few years in my own car .. Theres always that risk and I have had a few moments where people have recognised my car or me but i love my current job and doin this job was the extra push i needed to apply for the police :)

Good Luck with ur interview!!

Yeah well I haven't decided whether to go to the interview! Would you recommend it?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

My job is totally different to what you have applied for but id go for it if i were you .. PSNI support staff are well looked after :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dozer12345

Has anyone heard anything back about these jobs? Do we know how many are available?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tamstar1234

Has anyone heard any word back from their interview yet?

• Advertisement
Advertisement