Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

France vs Ecuador was dull as paint drying.

How dare you insult paint drying :p
    So on a work sweepstake on the world cup I got Cameroon. As worst team (by goal difference) I should be getting my money back tjey are the rules laid down
    Woo hoo! !!! Never Been so happy to be a loser

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It's absolutely sad seeing a Liverpool supporter on my Facebook trying to justify Suarez biting Chiellini.

On the other hand, it's kinda funny watching Uruguayans still claiming he's done nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Are there any online stores you'd recommend to buy tees? Not wrestling obvs but music tees, tv show tees etc? Looked at allposters.com but they seem to get great or horrific reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Suarez banned for 4 months..... Discuss!

I reckon it should have been more but the Man Utd fan in me wishes he just got a stern talking to. Any transfer to Barca or Real will be most likely off the table.

Bet Suarez knows where to get good deals on tees online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Slightly lenient imo.

I think 6-8 months would have been fine.

4 months will likely not detract Barca or Real from making a move.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Bigger world cup news, the Hulkster is trying to get the USA pumped for their game against Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,834 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Suarez banned for 4 months..... Discuss!

I reckon it should have been more but the Man Utd fan in me wishes he just got a stern talking to. Any transfer to Barca or Real will be most likely off the table.

I thought it would be a longer ban, wonder will Liverpool appeal if they can

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought it would be a longer ban, wonder will Liverpool appeal if they can

I've heard that it's only Uruguay that can appeal, but I dunno if that's true or not.

Angron wrote: »

Bigger world cup news, the Hulkster is trying to get the USA pumped for their game against Germany.

Hangin and Bangin.... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Can the FA punish him too?

I doubt it somehow, but maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Can the FA punish him too?

I doubt it somehow, but maybe.

Outside their jurisdiction, so no, they cannot do anything.

As a Liverpool fan I am disgusted, but not in the least bit surprised. What a silly stupid man.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Is it a total ban effective immediately? If it is, he'll use a good bit of that time on pre-season which isn't really a punishment.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Is it a total ban effective immediately? If it is, he'll use a good bit of that time on pre-season which isn't really a punishment.

I don't think he can train with his club either

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Seriously FIFA have screwed up with Suarez, his punishment should have been harsher than 4 months

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I don't think he can train with his club either

Not allowed to enter stadiums as well. :pac::pac:

First signing of the Van Gaal era @ Manchester United has been completed :D
    Hopefully the first of many signings
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/9362590/transfer-news-ander-herrera-leaves-athletic-bilbao-for-manchester-united

I wish people would stop using "I'd rather get bitten than ________________" when talking about Suarez. Just cause something worse could be done, you can't actually use that as any sort of defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Luis needs braces! DENTAL PLAN!

kinda ****ty on Liverpool if the ban prevents his sale. No need to punish his club for him being a dick.

Deadlie wrote: »
    Luis needs braces! DENTAL PLAN!

kinda ****ty on Liverpool if the ban prevents his sale. No need to punish his club for him being a dick.

Would any club still want to buy him now?

• Advertisement

Would any club still want to buy him now?
    Still one of the best in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

If it wasn't for his personality, anyone would have him. In my eyes he's a perfect striker. Amazing finisher, quick as they come and intelligent game player (obvious incidents aside). He's easily worth 70m+. Whether the big, European teams reckon they can take a big financial risk trying to tame him is another thing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Still one of the best in the world.

He has never proved that imo, and just took himself out of another chance to do so.

He is already 27 and the question marks over his mentality will be a big concern for likes of Real or Barca. He might need to be nice to Monaco or PSG to give himself another chance to prove how good he is.

The United fans gloating are so pathetic. Because they needed Suarez to be banned to be title contenders :rolleyes:

DM-ICE wrote: »
    He has never proved that imo, and just took himself out of another chance to do so.

He is already 27 and the question marks over his mentality will be a big concern for likes of Real or Barca. He might need to be nice to Monaco or PSG to give himself another chance to prove how good he is.

Ronaldo and Messi are in a league of their own. Suarez is in the next bracket. If he was playing for Madrid or Barca he would be scoring close to the same amount of goals as Ronaldo and Messi. Suarez is the reason Liverpool were even top four contenders, let alone title contenders.

The United fans gloating are so pathetic. Because they needed Suarez to be banned to be title contenders :rolleyes:
    We're not all that bad :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭cena

I had a missed call this afternoon. Turned out to be the next door neighbor. I have never given him my number. He rang to see if his sheets of ply wood came.
    I found out it was him after texting the number.

He had to go out of his way to find my number

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Ronaldo and Messi are in a league of their own. Suarez is in the next bracket. If he was playing for Madrid or Barca he would be scoring close to the same amount of goals as Ronaldo and Messi. Suarez is the reason Liverpool were even top four contenders, let alone title contenders.

It depends on expectations of course, I wouldn't question his football ability but for me he is behind someone with less talent like Muller who repeatedly performs in big matches and well behind a player of similar ability in Robben who took time to prove himself.

To be classed as one of the best I think a player needs to do big things when pressure in on and mentally stand up to it, he has the football talent but his mentality has not stood up to it yet (again in my opinion of course) and to be fair at Ajax and Liverpool he hasn't played in massive games in successful seasons like Muller or Robben at Bayern. To go from the two goals against England to imploding in the next game sums up why I question where he is ranked among the worlds best.

First it was .....

1jzdj.jpg

then this...

pn02v.jpg

and this followed ...

vmo5y.jpg

and NOW ive noticed this ...

7hwim.jpg

Whos killing the PW Boardsies and closing their accounts. Thats 4 great posters gone in a short period of time?

Whos next?? Moneymaker??? Charisteas??? Krudler? maybe Jayhunter??!!! Is anyone safe ?????

• Advertisement

R-Truth gives his thoughts on the case of PW Boardsies closing their account

image.jpg?w=400&c=1

Couldn't find the one where he marched out to the ring at a Raw in the full Confederate uniform

Advertisement