Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

Off Topic: Holla & Congratulations Big Poppa Necro!

1261262264266267270

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 20,736 ✭✭✭✭ beakerjoe


    For me, I feel the government are in a tight spot, trying to please everyone, keep the economy ticking over and keeping people safe from the virus.

    For me a huge mistake was not banning domestic air travel when we were at single digit cases. Keep commercial trade open and have some sort of testing hub at the ports and airports for the employees relating to essential shipments for goods that are essential.

    Cases could be controlled and domestic businesses would have reopened safely. Schools could have reopened safely.

    Right now sadly its only going to get worse. 7k cases per day now and rising suggests to me that the horses are well out of the barn and this lockdown occurred far too late. Everyone is going to suffer more long term.


  • Registered Users Posts: 20,736 ✭✭✭✭ beakerjoe


    Pentecost wrote: »
    I'm lucky work wise in that I'm able to work from home and there's been no major impact on my job. But in terms of things to look forward to I agree it's tough the longer it goes on. The thought of a confirmed holiday of some kind this year would help but there's very little guarantee on that. Even a night out with friends seems a way off.

    Im one of the lucky ones, my working arrangements can be done from home and I see a lot more of my loved ones as a result. It suits me much better. But I realize Im one of the few.

    My daughters education concerns me with school closures. She needs to go to school but despite what the government say, its not safe and IMO, it never was. We just had to take the risk for her education.


  • Registered Users Posts: 22,440 ✭✭✭✭ J. Marston


    When there is 5, 6, 7 thousands cases a day drastic steps need to be taken.


  • Registered Users Posts: 74,648 ✭✭✭✭ JP Liz V1


    We had loads returning for Christmas from the UK and all other places with no isolating, travel should be essential only with strict restrictions at airports, ferry ports and the NI border

    It's far more rampant now, it's everywhere, take care stay safe everyone


  • Registered Users Posts: 20,736 ✭✭✭✭ beakerjoe


    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    We had loads returning for Christmas from the UK and all other places with no isolating, travel should be essential only with strict restrictions at airports, ferry ports and the NI border

    It's far more rampant now, it's everywhere, take care stay safe everyone

    i dont blame some people for coming home to a point. Some people have been separated from loved ones for 9 months. However, what if these people brought Covid to their loved ones as a result of travelling. Its just not worth it.

    I do blame the government for not shutting them down and taking the option of travel out of peoples hands.

    I live away from my folks and I miss them, but its best to stay away no matter how much I wanna see them.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74,648 ✭✭✭✭ JP Liz V1


    I feel for anyone with family in hospitals and nursing homes, they need to up speed on the vaccines roll out and stop cancelling other serious medical exams and operations, they had 9 months to prepare knowing flu season is in winter and we are short medical staff and ICU beds


  • Registered Users Posts: 32,179 ✭✭✭✭ PTH2009


    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I feel for anyone with family in hospitals and nursing homes, they need to up speed on the vaccines roll out and stop cancelling other serious medical exams and operations, they had 9 months to prepare knowing flu season is in winter and we are short medical staff and ICU beds

    Very true and for this reason we may be in a longer lockdown compared to the rest of Europe

    What have the HSE been doing since lockdown 1 ?

    Total ****show and let's hope when this is finally over massive questions will be asked to the leaders


  • Registered Users Posts: 48,862 ✭✭✭✭ Lithium93_


    PTH2009 wrote: »
    Very true and for this reason we may be in a longer lockdown compared to the rest of Europe

    What have the HSE been doing since lockdown 1 ?

    Total ****show and let's hope when this is finally over massive questions will be asked to the leaders

    Pfft you've more chance of winning the lotto than questions being asked of our useless leaders. They haven't a notion what they're doing.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,118 ✭✭✭ hynesie08


    I see that the "speed up the vaccine" narrative has penetrated here as well.

    How many people can you vaccinate with 40,000 doses?


  • Registered Users Posts: 48,862 ✭✭✭✭ Lithium93_


    hynesie08 wrote: »
    I see that the "speed up the vaccine" narrative has penetrated here as well.

    How many people can you vaccinate with 40,000 doses?

    4.9 million people in Ireland, 40,000 doses (with more on the way), 2 jabs per person altogether. Anyone good with maths able to work it out? Which is a serious question I'm asking by the way :pac:

    I saw an graphic somewhere else, with how many have had the jab already, number definitely somehere up above 10,000, with a target of 35,000 to be vaccinated by today.

    Journal.ie link with the numbers.

    https://www.thejournal.ie/covid-vaccine-numbers-5318892-Jan2021/


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,044 ✭✭✭✭ CastorTroy


    Don't forget there are ones that don't want it. Seems to be a lot in Northern Ireland refusing it.


  • Registered Users Posts: 20,736 ✭✭✭✭ beakerjoe


    Vaccinations are a good thing, but I can see why some are hesitant.

    Its impossible for the manufacturers to know the long term effects of their vaccine yet. I will take the vaccine but ill happy to be at the end of the queue to see how others fare.

    So far so good though, havent read anything to suggest the vaccines being rolled out here have had any side effects.


  • Registered Users Posts: 26,044 ✭✭✭✭ CastorTroy


    Yeah only negatives I've read about are the ones that had allergic reactions. I'll be far enough down the list to know if the zombie apocalypse is a side effect


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,118 ✭✭✭ hynesie08


    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    4.9 million people in Ireland, 40,000 doses (with more on the way), 2 jabs per person altogether. Anyone good with maths able to work it out? Which is a serious question I'm asking by the way :pac:

    I saw an graphic somewhere else, with how many have had the jab already, number definitely somehere up above 10,000, with a target of 35,000 to be vaccinated by today.

    Journal.ie link with the numbers.

    https://www.thejournal.ie/covid-vaccine-numbers-5318892-Jan2021/


    We've brought forward the date when all care homes will have the first dose (and presumably the second)

    Moderna arrives soon, that's an extra ten k a week.

    Oxford could be approved by 1st January, that'll be another 30k or so a week.

    In quarter 2 it's expected that curavac and j&j will be approved, and Pfizer and Moderna production will be increased.

    By valentines day, we will have everyone in a home and frontline Healthcare workers vaccinated and an increased number of vaccines to plow through the over 70s and 60s, by Paddy's day, we should be sorting out vulnerable people with underlying conditions.

    By the start of summer we'll have the capacity to do appointment vaccinations and gps and pharmacists will be involved.

    This isn't speculation, this is the actual planned rollout available on the government website. Obviously we'll take a backwards step if one of the vaccines doesn't get approval but that's how it stands now.......

    Complaining about slow rollout in week 1 of the first approved vaccine is just wilful ignorance at this point.


  • Registered Users Posts: 48,862 ✭✭✭✭ Lithium93_


    Oh I'm not complaining anyways, I'm taking the pragmatic/everyone (who wants it obviously) will get it eventually, there's just a long queue ahead.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,118 ✭✭✭ hynesie08


    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Oh I'm not complaining anyways, I'm taking the pragmatic/everyone (who wants it obviously) will get it eventually, there's just a long queue ahead.

    Wasn't aimed at you, I've just watched the vaccine thread in the covid forum get bogged down with people asking why we're not vaccinating 24/7, no matter how many times it's explained.

    The key is vaccinating anyone who needs it, then we can get on the road to normal, and there's been 4 good news stories in the last week about that.

    We've dark days ahead, but the light is starting to poke through.....


  • Registered Users Posts: 32,964 ✭✭✭✭ Omackeral


    Starting my Ultimate Sporting Venue Tournament now in 10 mins if you wanna come along and vote.

    Click here!


  • Registered Users Posts: 74,648 ✭✭✭✭ JP Liz V1


    Omackeral wrote: »
    Starting my Ultimate Sporting Venue Tournament now in 10 mins if you wanna come along and vote.

    Click here!

    Will late votes count :p;)


  • Registered Users Posts: 74,648 ✭✭✭✭ JP Liz V1


    What now for Trump, back to WWE :p prison from twice impeachment?

    biden_harris_505_071120060931.jpg


  • Registered Users Posts: 32,179 ✭✭✭✭ PTH2009


    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What now for Trump, back to WWE :p prison from twice impeachment?

    biden_harris_505_071120060931.jpg

    Vince would prob take him back, surely improve the ratings :D

    Cant see Biden lasting the full term and think Harris will be president in the next 2/3 years.

    If this was a movie
    the Ceremony would of been attacked with the President kidnapped with a major investigation underway and will turn out it was Harris and Trump plotting together all along
    . Lockdown is getting to me :D:D


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,862 ✭✭✭✭ Lithium93_


    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What now for Trump, back to WWE :p prison from twice impeachment?

    biden_harris_505_071120060931.jpg

    I don't think he'd actually face prison from being impeached (open to correction here), but given he's been now impeached twice, he's probably looking at losing all the benefits that come with being a former President.

    Then there's all the criminal investigations he and his family are staring down the barrel of, State Department Of New York have a bone to pick with him.

    Not to mention, the **** tonne of debt he owes.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭ johnnyryan89


    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I don't think he'd actually face prison from being impeached (open to correction here), but given he's been now impeached twice, he's probably looking at losing all the benefits that come with being a former President.

    Then there's all the criminal investigations he and his family are staring down the barrel of, State Department Of New York have a bone to pick with him.

    Not to mention, the **** tonne of debt he owes.

    Think the senate need to convict him before he'll lose his benefits and the ability to hold office again, not that I think he'll be running again anytime soon.


  • Registered Users Posts: 74,648 ✭✭✭✭ JP Liz V1


    What now for McGregor after that loss


  • Registered Users Posts: 32,179 ✭✭✭✭ PTH2009


    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What now for McGregor after that loss

    Rematch


  • Registered Users Posts: 32,964 ✭✭✭✭ Omackeral


    Hopefully he just f*cks off. Horrible individual


  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Loughc


    Omackeral wrote: »
    Hopefully he just f*cks off. Horrible individual

    I second this.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,674 ✭✭✭ The White Wolf


    McGregor will always be hired as a rent a mouth commentary. He's firmly in the Zeitgeist unfortunately.


  • Registered Users Posts: 74,648 ✭✭✭✭ JP Liz V1


    Do you think HHH would still want Conor for a WM match, he was high on him


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Bounty Hunter


    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Do you think HHH would still want me for a WM match, he was high on him

    I can see it now Becky/McGregor vs HHH/Steph


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,964 ✭✭✭✭ Omackeral


    I’d die from cringing


Advertisement