Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caenis feeding trout on Lough Corrib

Options
  • 17-06-2014 7:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭

Took this bit of video over the weekend on Corrib around 5am both mornings. If you drove past the spot at 10am you wouldn't think there was a trout to be had....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

I was up there, went out Saturday when the lake was calm but didnt get any, that Northerly blew up and the rise was gone in half an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭gary29428

First part of the video was from last Friday morning before 5, rest is from Saturday.

Figures, I arrived Friday after breakfast tried Saturday but the wave came up, and Sunday and Monday had too much of a wave to even bother. Well to much of a wave for my area. Did you catch any ?

I think I prefer a small bit of a ripple, I had fish both days best about 3lb. I haven't been at it much but what I've learned so far is only target individual fish, most of the situations shown in the video are probably to be avoided, no matter how good a caster you are you will probably spook a fish which in turn will spoke the rest. I've had most of my success pull up on the edge of an island and fish into wind lanes running down the side of the island, have only landed one this year in open water. The hatches seem to be finishing up now....

I didn't even get a small ripple, that northerly was blowing right into the area I want to fish. And I was too lazy to drive across the lake. I have had Caenis fishing right into July so I wouldn't rule them out just yet. Did you fish the evenings, see any Murroughs ?

• Advertisement

Hopefully they will keep going, last few times out there was only spent on the water. Haven't done any evenings but I'm sure the fishing is good with this weather...time, time, time......:-(

I had no evening fishing which was strange, I have had good Murrough fishing at the same time in years past. Fished til 11pm last weekend and two weeks ago the same and nothing happening. Usually you would see something begining to move

Advertisement