Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

After grade 8

Options
  • 26-05-2014 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

I done my Grade 8 Exam last week, I'm Just wondering what are my options to do after Grade 8?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,576 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Grade 8 in what?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Moved out of the off topic thread

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Grade 8 in what?

Alto Sax

Alto Sax

Wow, nice one.

I've no idea what comes next. I'm doing grade 8 electric guitar at the moment, there's a teaching diploma next which I'm considering doing, if even to force me to keep practicing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Wow, nice one.

I've no idea what comes next. I'm doing grade 8 electric guitar at the moment, there's a teaching diploma next which I'm considering doing, if even to force me to keep practicing.

Good point..... Just keep going, is it the RIAMor Abrsm?
    Get some experience with wind bands, I think the ABRSM have a jazz grade series for sax!
    Try Soprano sax maybe or other registers.

• Advertisement

Wow, nice one.

Maybe I might start up something else, I'd love to be able to play guitar or maybe even Piano. What is the teaching Diploma?

Armelodie wrote: »
    Good point..... Just keep going, is it the RIAMor Abrsm?
    Get some experience with wind bands, I think the ABRSM have a jazz grade series for sax!
    Try Soprano sax maybe or other registers.

It's RIAM, Wow just looked up Soprano Sax There, Never heard of it before! are there many different types of sax?

Maybe I might start up something else, I'd love to be able to play guitar or maybe even Piano. What is the teaching Diploma?
    http://www.rgt.org/exams/diploma-reading-list.php

I'd love to play something else, especially now that I have a grasp of the theory.

http://www.rgt.org/exams/diploma-reading-list.php

I'd love to play something else, especially now that I have a grasp of the theory.

Yeah once you know the theory it shouldnt be too hard taking up something else.

Advertisement