Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

corkagh park

Options
  • 25-05-2014 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi folks. Im just wondering is corkagh park commercial fishery still open? Never been there but sonebody told me it was closed. True or not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Last time I was there I was just walking with the little one and seen the place in bits.
    The fly only lake is now all legal methods except spinning so lads are using bait and allowed to do so which ruins it for the fly anglers.
    The carp lake has very few carp in it as they were moved to other fisheries as were the bream and tench.
    They have trout in it now aswell.( always had a few trout anyway but now it's stocked with trout)
    Kind if a waste if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Blake911

Is there a coarse lake? Is it enclosed or is it open to public. Have u fished there recently urself? Its a bit of a shame really because it would be handy for me. Im only in lucan. The fishery in maynooth is supposedly very strict so now i use lough ashleigh in offaly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Blake911 wrote: »
    Is there a coarse lake? Is it enclosed or is it open to public. Have u fished there recently urself? Its a bit of a shame really because it would be handy for me. Im only in lucan. The fishery in maynooth is supposedly very strict so now i use lough ashleigh in offaly.
    I havint fished maynooth in years and was good when I was there.
    As for corcagh park I fished there for years but stopped when Godfrey left and the place basically went to Shiite when he left.
    Some fish he had there but wouldn't find there again
    BDCBB974_zps0678fc4e.jpg

2FC38FBD_zps20fd4221.jpg
    I got these there years ago when it was run properly and fly only. Was only 18 here so 7 year ago

Cheers for advice i must stay away from it. Might look into maynooth seen pictures from there and was impressed. I just heard it was supposedly very strict on everythin. The fishery rules on his website is huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭zombiekiller

I fished lyreen fishery in maynooth a few weeks ago for the first time. i started on the bait lake as i had the little fella with me and the owner/manager fished the peg beside me. very nice man and highly recommend the lakes. i will hit the coarse lake over the next week or two as i have seen the pics on the website

• Advertisement

Ye let me know how you get on.

Advertisement