Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the name of this fly?

Options
  • 21-05-2014 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

I've checked so many different fly fishing and fishing fly websites looking for the name of this fly but can't find the name of this fly. It looks like a cross between a Connemara Black, a Blae & Black and something else.

I used it last week and caught 4 small brownies in a pool on a river I fish. I fished along a length of the river again today, using different flies with not so much success and eventually made my way back to the same pool. I put up this fly again and within minutes had caught a couple more small brown trout.

Anyone know the name of this fly? I can't remember where I bought it but I need to get a few more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Chopperdog 2

It looks like a Kate McLaren variant. Hope this helps. C. D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

It's a badly tied Connemara black.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Bogwoppit wrote: »
    It's a badly tied Connemara black.

It may be badly tied but the trout are going mad for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭copper12

goats toe

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭FMG

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Probably something about yours that the trout are tuned into , long may it last .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Budawanny

Blondie919 wrote: »

Trout dont give a hoot about well tied or not.

Advertisement