Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elite: Dangerous

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Can't comment on how it looked on release and some of the planets can look a little weird from space but other than that it looks good to me.

Not sure if i have been playing on console too long but it definitely looks to have got a graphical upgrade.

Im running a 3080 and 9700k at 4.9Ghz so framerate are pretty good too

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,182 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm pretty sure there was a graphical upgrade released across all versions on pc when odyssey came out.

Post edited by Mickeroo on

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

lads im now Star Citizen for Life.

i wish you the best in your future endeavours.

Honestly didnt think I would ever hate a game as much as ED......

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,182 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Fess up dreamers, how many hours played is it now? 🤣

I haven't played E:D in ages now, I keep thinking I will go back but my interest in getting Odyssey has fairly dissipated since launch.

ED 1654, Have 34 Billion or there abouts.

Clarity:

Honestly didnt think I would ever hate a game as much as I hated ED......

• Advertisement

Had to drop this soon after getting odyssey. Started again a few weeks ago and had worked way to an asp and had a few quid in the bank and then they announce the profile transfer fron console so I stopped playing again lol

Still no word on a date for transfers opening from frontier,typical, so hopfully by the time it does come around I still wanna get back into the game.

Starting from scratch isnt so bad if just worried about credits,it's the engineering grind I don't want to have to repeat.

Hopefully hear something soon

There is no grind with engineers anymore (for ships) land at a crystal forest and then head to the guardian sites, 1 day of collecting and you will get g5 everything by trading down.

Tedious reloggin at the gaurdian sites but at least the cyrstal forests can be done without relogging and with a buddy in the new SRV.

I personally waiting for ED 2 or whatever is next.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭jonski

That might just be enough to get me to boot this up again . The whole engineer thing just wasn't for me .

HIP 36601 ( I am parked there now lol showing a buddy how to do it)

This system will get you the 5 you need, depending on your engineering levels you may need a 2nd trip or a slight diversion to trade (inventory limits)

Its actually kind of chill whilst collecting.

System is simple get G4 materials on planet, go to trader and trade down then up. You should only leave each planet when full of the main material

The planets are of course 250,000ls from the sun but you knew that :D Bring a DSS scan the planet and land only at the biological sites, you will get max amount of each one per planet.

Yttrium, Technetium and 3 other iums.

Pin your blueprints or use Inara to track your blueprints (Inara is grand if you have a 2nd monitor, it sees the games API and is reasonably quick at refreshing, Inara lets you track the preceding blueprint requirements so if you want g5 Multicannons with Explosive rounds, you need g1,2,3,4 etc)

It then shows as NEED on your inara page.

You still have to unlock the engineers no?

• Advertisement

No idea?

What transfers from console? If you do its not hard to unlock them except the mining one :(

I'm pretty sure the engineer unlocks transfer over from console.

Few of them are painful, permits,minimum distance from starter area etc.

I more meant I'll keep playing when all my stuff is transferred over. I dont mind grinding money from scratch but getting the engineers and engineering I currently have on my ships again from scracth would be painful, imo anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 47 ubermick

I’m a beta backer from back in the day, and still playing it. Odyssey’s launch was brutal, but in fairness to them it’s gotten much better but still wouldn’t try it with a spud PC. Runs way better than Star Citizen (which I own, but come on like, can’t get around that it’s a pyramid scheme).

Deffo lost patience with it repeatedly over the years, but playing with people in a group/squadron has made it far more enjoyable.

Might mosy on over and have a look, still in an asp until the console to pc cmdr transfer but looks interesting

Console to PC save transfers are live now:

Just used the profile transfer there, very handy and worked pretty much straight away.

Auto-Dock now works for planetary landings😮 Now that's a QoL feature I can get behind!

Post edited by EoinHef on

• Registered Users Posts: 47 ubermick

Well, just binned off my squadron I started after it got infiltrated by MAGA lads, and one of them changed the discord to autoban anyone who "took the lord's name in vain" of all things. Oof.

Just joined up with the Buur lads temporarily. Any interest in starting up an Irish squadron, or are there not enough of us for that? (Apparently there used to be one called the Crimson State Group but they died out.)

Looks like there may be a big shake up coming!!

Plenty of options for players too. Can keep things as they are or , as id hope for, embrace the mayhem😁

• Advertisement

Let us walk around our ships, you damn cowwards!!!

Overhaul actually completly redo FPS and all missions relating to it.

Atmospheric planets.

Some new ships? Since the last one, Mamba in Dec2018 Star Citizen has released 553 ships 😁

Yeah not having new ships in that long is just crazy!! I've had every ship in the game, bar Cobra Mk IV, for ages now.

Even have the guardian SLF's😁

Be interesting to see how the update pans out, with 7 more stargoids arriving soon could have a situation where the bubble gets over run🤔

Frontier giving the option to stay on an older client makes me think they may actually let that happen.

I'm currently getting credit balance into a healthier place givin gonna be fighting thargoids.

Doing mostly combat missions as I'm rusty and playing with M&KB now, mission target spawns seem to be in a much better place than last time I was doing combat missions so that helps.

Never really had a fully thargoid focused combat build so I'll work on that once I get the credit buffer.

With college and part time job time is limited but I'll just plod along.

Wonder what happens to ships stored in systems the thargoids take over?🤔

Dude how do you not have literally billions at this point?

Spent it all😅

3billion in assets but had a measly 90mil in credits when I logged in the other day.

Once I got all the ships I wanted I kinda stopped caring about credits, enjoyed the guardian stuff and engineering a bit more. Didn't bother too much with the meta credit earning at that point

Oh and power play, I've about 8 prismatic shields in storage, 2 tier 7's and one tier 8. A bunch of pack hounds, imperial hammers etc for ships that they still haven't released🤣

Then there's having top tier internals in every ship I own, that **** is expensive lol

Just looked it up:

1.145 billion spent on ships

2.781 billion spent on outfitting😳

I've tried again ............. and again the thoughts of learning all the controls ..... again .... breaks me . Even with the new build and the 4k monitor I just can't muster the enthusiasm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Actually yeah, I installed it on a new machine recently and was about to start it up, then realised I needed to map everything again and spend an hour trying to take off. And then remembered once I got all that I'd lose another 50+ hours to the game!

I found a workaround ............ I bought No Man's Sky :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Finally got around to making the trek (no, not for anything free, just to mark it off the bucket list and I was watching rugby the whole time anyway).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I also finally got around to unlocking the Guardian FSD so I might go for an extended trip out to Colonia, Sag A* and Beagle Point. Once I've collected some mats so I can repair along the way, etc.

Advertisement