Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fishing jacket

Options
  • 17-05-2014 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

just looking for a fishing jacket or suit that is warm , breathable and waterproof if maintained. mostly out on the lake but don't want anything too expensive , have looked at army surplus goretex jackets which suit my budget , also there are fishing suits on sports direct that are fairly cheap but im wondering about the quality of them.
    would I be better off with the army surplus stuff or the sports direct suits which i think might be far inferior due to the price?
    all help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I'd go for army surplus store. My father got shooting gear there and for the price they were the quality is decent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

SeaFields wrote: »
    I'd go for army surplus store. My father got shooting gear there and for the price they were the quality is decent enough.

Grand for fishing but I used it for hunting and well it did t exactly last long.
    Not really built for hunting but ok for those cold mornings beside ladles or rivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Grand for fishing but I used it for hunting and well it did t exactly last long.
    Not really built for hunting but ok for those cold mornings beside ladles or rivers.

ah but my father is getting too old for the heavy cover. ;)

But yes, as a choice between the two options in the OP, army surplus stock is the one to go for.

Advertisement