Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The International 4 Viewing

Options
  • 13-05-2014 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

So, me and a few friends are trying to see if The Woolshed in Dublin City will stay open to show the TI4 finals in July. I think it could be great fun if we could get this going. They recently showed a League of Legends tournament in there, so it's not totally out of the question, as well.

Would many people be interested?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

I might pop in for it alright, depends on the times though this year

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Probably not, having a pubstomp at mine, like last year :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'll be at cherrys but I'd definitely go to the pub for a bit too

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

How do you feel about this infidelity Cherry ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

We'd need to get some decent numbers going if Woolshed are to agree to show it.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

yeah I'd definitely go but I'm not sure you'd get the numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 8 pRO_MiKe

I'm more than interested to watch the ti4 finals at a gathering of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Probably not, having a pubstomp at mine, like last year :D

Can I come? :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You must appease cherry with smarties, he loves them. Trust me.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

lol no more smarties plox

Yeah the more the merrier!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 kersplodey

So...

Party in cherryghost's house? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Lumzor

Is this actually going ahead? If so, I'd love to go. Been trying to find dota pubstomp for a while with no luck. :(

there is one in fibbers just made https://www.facebook.com/events/249717598569424/?ref=4

also in cherries but im not sure how many guests he'll want haha, did you take the monday or tuesday off for the finals cherry, considering that myself, what are the times like? /looks

Could pop by fibbers for a pint at some stage to have a look :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I'll probably head into Fibbers for a while as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Antiundead

Ha I was actually looking to sort one in the woolshed, had 6 friends so far interested, but I guess if it's in Fibbers that works too. I just hope we don't get kicked out too early... Final won't be till 4am or something crazy probably :(

The finals coverage starts at 5PM, it would hardly be on that long, the pubstomp iis 4pm -1am should be enough!

I took Monday and Tuesday off indeed. I'm hosting Saturday and Sunday and Monday but would much rather be out in the pubstomp for the grand finals, so I may pop along for that instead(and drag along the losers going to my place) :P

Monday is no good to me for the pubstomp :( I have a birthday party on saturday night so I plan on staying for the polite amount of time before pretending that Im not leaving to watch video games :p

Sounds like a plan, 2 day pre-drinking in yours first :D
    Be good to get everybody in fibbers and make it a big yearly thing for the finals day.

Actually the hours arent so bad, starts in the afternoon on monday but may take it off anyway due to going wild at yours :p
    I'm gonna try and make some dota cookies, wish me luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

ohh that time of year again, TI3 was my first TI Experience. besides the ingame drama, i can only recall the severe lack of sleep I had in that period as i wanted to see it all.

im much better prepared this time.
    ive been slowly reducing the amount of sleep im getting, so that i'll be functional at 3 hours :).

you know your in trouble when you wake up late for work and think "Crap, i missed the creep block."

as for the pub stomp, im still 50%/50%. it would be great to meet up with some of ye guys, talk dota and all that, on the otherhand i'll have all the creature comforts of home (important to an old fogie like me :P).

• Advertisement

lammmmeeeeee :D Get your butt there for a drink old man

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭GarethBah

Justice wrote: »
    ohh that time of year again, TI3 was my first TI Experience. besides the ingame drama, i can only recall the severe lack of sleep I had in that period as i wanted to see it all.

im much better prepared this time.
    ive been slowly reducing the amount of sleep im getting, so that i'll be functional at 3 hours :).

you know your in trouble when you wake up late for work and think "Crap, i missed the creep block."

as for the pub stomp, im still 50%/50%. it would be great to meet up with some of ye guys, talk dota and all that, on the otherhand i'll have all the creature comforts of home (important to an old fogie like me :P).

TI4 will be much more friendly for us by the looks of things :)

It's still annoying that they haven't got more specific times for the games. Sure we have the dates and all but I'll be well annoyed if Sundays games run into 4/5am in the morning again. I know the grand final won't suffer from that issue as its just the one game on Monday but the rest of the days will surely annoy me. You would think with such a huge prizepool and huge audience they'd make a bit more effort by at least speculating times.

Anyway boys 7pm tonight the wildcard phase starts :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Just a quick link to one of those handy reddit guides:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/wiki/events/ti4

I don't know how MVP let Liquid get away with 2 Lycans but whatever...

Big games today. I fancy DK VG and EG all to show the other teams up

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

IG will have a strong day, DK too, not sure about VG at all, EG will be around middle of the pack. Alliance likely will have a resurgence.

I don't know how MVP let Liquid get away with 2 Lycans but whatever...

insanity tbh. very poor drafting both games.

S4 won the all important 1v1 title which everyone was obviously super trying hard for as 1v1 DotA means so much thats why when people ask you for 1v1's in a game you always have to accept as its a true measure of skill :p
    tbh tho, glad to see him win it. not a guy id have pegged for it

Well a good few surprises so far, except for c9, they could draft 5 potatoes and still win

• Advertisement

this is great lads (and ladettes). few pints watching the world cup and come home to a flood of the best dota. boss is gonna kill me :p

Im going "oooohh EG vs Fnatic draft? oh my, best watch this."

Advertisement