Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jay-Z assaulted by Solange Knowles

• 12-05-2014 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭

So there is footage from an elevator security camera showing Beyonce's sister Solange physically assaulting Jay-Z at an after party. She seems to get in his face and throws a few punches and kicks, and spits on him. He doesn't strike her back or anything, but seems to be attempting to calm her down. Beyonce just kinda stands by while all this is happening, coming between them briefly. The bodyguard or whoever hits the emergency button to stop the elevator, presumably to stop the fight spilling out in front of other people.

Afterwards, Beyonce and Solange left the party in one car and Jay-Z went in another. I reckon she probably had a few drinks on her and went for him. Why she would do that though, I have no idea. It's a weird one. Surely it's going to come out in the coming days what was going on.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/05/12/solange-attacks-jay-z-video-punch-kick-beyonce-elevator-fight/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Just saw this online when I got home from work. Not really interested in this kind of thing but this just seems mad to me considering the image Beyonce likes to promote of herself.
    In the video Solange is shouting at Jay Z as they enter the elevator and during the "attack" you can see Beyonce saying something, could be "calm down" or "hit him on his baldy head" for all we know.
    I'd say Beyonce's public image team will be all over sorting this out.

The photos of the 3 of them after they get out of the elevator are funny. Solange and Jay Z looking fairly shocked and Beyonce is doing her usual plaster on a smile routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

What a vicious bit*h. Fair play to his for not hitting her back! No need for that carry on at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

so now get to see what really happens behind closed doors....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I'd say Beyonce's public image team will be all over sorting this out.

The photos of the 3 of them after they get out of the elevator are funny. Solange and Jay Z looking fairly shocked and Beyonce is doing her usual plaster on a smile routine.

Well, I think public figures have a right to keep their private lives private. If Beyonce doesn't want a family feud plastered all over the papers, then I think she's perfectly entitled to keep something like that under wraps as much as she can. Some people live for that kind of publicity, some like to keep it between themselves and sort it out away from cameras. This probably wouldn't be public knowledge at all except someone working in the hotel obviously saw a chance to make money and sold the tape to TMZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭furiousox

Soundtrack.....
    "Leave it Solange, ee's not wurf it.."
    "Shut it you slaagg.."
    "Oof"
    "My shoe!"

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Will Solange get the Chris Brown treatment now, double standards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Well, I think public figures have a right to keep their private lives private. If Beyonce doesn't want a family feud plastered all over the papers, then I think she's perfectly entitled to keep something like that under wraps as much as she can. Some people live for that kind of publicity, some like to keep it between themselves and sort it out away from cameras. This probably wouldn't be public knowledge at all except someone working in the hotel obviously saw a chance to make money and sold the tape to TMZ.

I haven't said anything to the contrary :confused:

I haven't said anything to the contrary :confused:

Well it seemed like you were kind of having a go at Beyonce for attempting to appear normal in public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Beyonce used to keep her private life private which earned her a lot of respect but ever since she got married there has been a massive pr campaign to project an image of the perfect life, which is really starting to grate for a lot of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

He'll never be able to sing 99 problems again and mean it.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6uikJTnmtgw

• Advertisement

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Beyonce used to keep her private life private which earned her a lot of respect but ever since she got married there has been a massive pr campaign to project an image of the perfect life, which is really starting to grate for a lot of people.

And to think all of the flack Miley Cyrus gets, some of Beyonce's latest videos are way ott imo

I don't think Jay gets on with her family, didn't he make her sack her father as her manager and is her mother also not working for her, on her fashion line anymore too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

All it does it actually set them up for a fall

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I don't think Jay gets on with her family, didn't he make her sack her father as her manager and is her mother also not working for her, on her fashion line anymore too?
    I don't really know but I wouldn't be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

I think there's a weird thing about Beyoncé - she is private in ways (the rumours about why she allegedly doesn't get on with Kim Kardashian because of reality tv) but then sings incredibly private things about having sex with her husband in cars?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

There is the brand Beyonce and the woman herself, no problem in her keeping her private life private.

I think there's a weird thing about Beyoncé - she is private in ways (the rumours about why she allegedly doesn't get on with Kim Kardashian because of reality tv) but then sings incredibly private things about having sex with her husband in cars?
    She also revealed she had a miscarriage, which is a very private tragedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

Jaysus that was vicious! Imagine if it was the other way around, he'd get slaughtered! Nasty, no need for it whatever the reason.

She also revealed she had a miscarriage, which is a very private tragedy.

In fairness, it was Jay-Z who talked about that, and it was in a song about the birth of his daughter. I mean, pretty much all good artists draw on personal experiences in their music. Part of what makes good music good is the personal aspect - that the artist is actually living the life they're singing about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Frog Song wrote: »
    Jaysus that was vicious! Imagine if it was the other way around, he'd get slaughtered! Nasty, no need for it whatever the reason.

That is really true. I suppose that because a woman is seen as 'the weaker sex' they can get away with that, as the man is physically stronger than a woman so it is seen that she couldn't inflict as much damage. But damn she was really letting him have it, amazed he was able to keep a lid on it.

A few of those kicks too in high heels have got to hurt. She really looked like a wild animal in that lift. It most of really been something to set her off. If it was reversed, he'd suffer so much more.

I was surprised that Beyonce just kind of stood back, but she was probably somewhat aware that there was a camera in the lift and trying to contain the drama. She probably knew though that it might be leaked. Must really suck when you have to watch your every move even when your in an elevator. They seemed quite calm before the doors closed, probably not wanting to make a scene.

• Advertisement

I would imagine Jay-Z might have fcuked up, so she was just letting him have it. That or she has seen this type of behaviour before from her sister and is just choosing to ignore the bullsh*t. When you've grown up around someone who flies off the handle like that, you probably get used to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Constantly being in Beyonce's shadow can't be nice either, I'd imagine.

Rumours are that JayZ cheated on Beyoncé

That's always the rumour, isn't it?

They appeared in public together after the fight was supposed to have taken place though, at a basketball game. Not that that really means anything.

I read something that the sister had a lot to drink and had already had an altercation with someone else at the party before she went for Jay-Z.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Solange had an altercation with designer Rachel Roy before the lift incident. She actually went to the Met ball with Rachel in 2012 and there's bad blood between Jay Z & Rachel's ex-husband Damon Dash (they used to be friends but had a massive falling out).

Perhaps something happened between Jay Z & Rachel Roy, Solange found out about it, screeched at Rachel, then attacked Jay in the lift?

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/solange-knowles-argued-with-rachel-roy-before-jay-z-fight-met-gala-2014125

It says in that article she was shouting at a group of people, including this Rachel Roy person.

Meh, sounds like she might have had too many drinks and was making a show of herself.

In fairness, it was Jay-Z who talked about that, and it was in a song about the birth of his daughter. I mean, pretty much all good artists draw on personal experiences in their music. Part of what makes good music good is the personal aspect - that the artist is actually living the life they're singing about.
    Beyonce talked about it in her documentary and also had a song about it. I have no problem with people either wanting to keep their private life private or using their private lives to further their careers. Just make a decision and stick with it. They can't have both. If they draw media attention to their private lives, then it's not always going to be positive.
    It says in that article she was shouting at a group of people, including this Rachel Roy person.

Meh, sounds like she might have had too many drinks and was making a show of herself.
    Funny how no one heard this (especially if she shouted at a group) until after the video leaked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Beyonce talked about it in her documentary and also had a song about it. I have no problem with people either wanting to keep their private life private or using their private lives to further their careers. Just make a decision and stick with it. They can't have both. If they draw media attention to their private lives, then it's not always going to be positive.

I don't see the issue with them wanting to have control over what they disclose and what they don't. Everything that isn't shared by them personally should remain private because if they wanted it known they would have made it known themselves.

If they had a reality show or whatever and made a living purely from their "life" then I'd understand people feeling entitled but they don't, they may discuss aspects of their life but that's their business if they want to share that, it doesn't mean they should expect invasions like this as a result.

Yeah, they're just choosing to release information about their own lives on their own terms. Making a documentary or a song about a miscarriage is revealing that information in your own words, and is very different indeed to having that information obtained without you knowing and it being revealed by other people, leaving potential for it to be misconstrued or the truth being lost. That's an invasion of privacy. Surely that level of control over one's own personal life is something most people in the media glare work towards (apart from people who make money off being reality stars)? I mean, I would imagine if you're that famous you need to be on top of it all.

I watched a documentary about the paparazzi before and they all said that most of the high profile celebrities are very clued-in about the media anyway. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie specifically arrange for certain 'candid' shots to be taken and put into magazines at certain points in time, while the rest of the time they keep their family away from the paparazzi and live "normal" lives. It's a way for them to remain in the public eye and give the paparazzi what they want, while also maintaining a level of normality for their children. It's all very controlled.

Doesn't seem to me like Beyonce and Jay-Z are doing anything much different to that.

• Advertisement

Tasden wrote: »
    I don't see the issue with them wanting to have control over what they disclose and what they don't. Everything that isn't shared by them personally should remain private because if they wanted it known they would have made it known themselves.

If they had a reality show or whatever and made a living purely from their "life" then I'd understand people feeling entitled but they don't, they may discuss aspects of their life but that's their business if they want to share that, it doesn't mean they should expect invasions like this as a result.
    The media doesn't work like that and anyone with ambitions to become the biggest power couple in America wouldn't believe that either. You are either a private celeb or you are not. Bono is one of the most famous performers in the world, yet I know SFA about his private life. On a smaller scale, look at Louis Walsh. He never talks about his private life and it's never mentioned in the media, despite him being in the media on a regular basis.

Advertisement