Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

split cane fly rod

Options
  • 09-05-2014 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

hi
    just wondering is there anyone in left ireland still making split cane rods or able to repair split cane rods.my uncle just broke the top of one that was belonging to his father i think its from the 20s or 30s that was always brought out a couple of times a year for a few casts . Or would it just be easier to try and buy a secondhand rod section that would match. where would you even go to try and buy an old cane rod.
    Any help much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

bizidea wrote: »
    hi
    just wondering is there anyone in left ireland still making split cane rods or able to repair split cane rods.my uncle just broke the top of one that was belonging to his father i think its from the 20s or 30s that was always brought out a couple of times a year for a few casts . Or would it just be easier to try and buy a secondhand rod section that would match. where would you even go to try and buy an old cane rod.
    Any help much appreciated
    For a while my Dad was buying old cane rods from EBay and doing them up. Might be worth while having a look to see if you can find a match.

He pretty much taught himself how to do it by watching YouTube videos, I'll ask him for the links he was using.

I have a great split cane spinning rod now because of it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭bizidea

thanks ferrigan that would be great if you could would love to repair it rather than replace it its more the sentimental value of the rod that made it special

Advertisement