Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Unlimited Broadband via Satellite

Options
  • 08-05-2014 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Would love to know if anyone has found a provider of
    satellite broadband that has unlimited download
    preferably with a good upload speed.

From google searching all I can find is one company that don't
    seem to be in business anymore.

I'm willing to pay whatever it costs but I find it strange that
    there is no unlimited providers.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

May be wrong but aren't sky advertising unlimited broadband at the moment? No idea if it's over satellite but it would make sense..

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MikeMurphChops

I actually have unlimited sky broadband and its useless out here in the shticks, they don't do satellite broadband, they told me something to do with licensing laws.
    Just wondering who has the license and who wants my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I actually have unlimited sky broadband and its useless out here in the shticks, they don't do satellite broadband, they told me something to do with licensing laws.
    Just wondering who has the license and who wants my money.

Ah ok, it must be resold eircom lines then? We had BBnet here for a while in 09ish and they did an unlimited package for well over 100 euro a month, we never had but but it was available, no idea if they still offer that and I can't see it on their website so I assume not. Be careful with satellite though because although you get a faster connection speed it's highly interleaved and so you get massive pings, so if you're browsing it will feel sluggish, and online gaming is fairly terrible with it. For streaming video though it would be perfect, except for their terrible usage caps.

Sorry I can't answer your question though I've just had a quick google and can't find anyone who offers unlimited either. Maybe you could call one of the companies who can do your area and ask could they make a custom package?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

From a quick Google I found that Europsat seems to do an unlimited package
    http://www.europasat.com/product-chooser/?gclid=CKDmtIivnL4CFeqe2wodvEUAOw

I know absolutely nothing about them so caveat emptor and do your own research etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Or try Niall Quinn's outfit, Q-Sat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 jssp

The Ses pro packages from Europasat is unlimited on sat broadband.i have them in cork.what area of the country are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I remember contacting a sat broadband provoider before when they advertised 'unlimited' broadband. After digging though the package details turns out it was limited at 'peak times' which you got a small allowance, over that and you got billed.

Lesson, ensure you read the small print and call them to ensure when they say unlimited its unlimited 24/7 - obviously with the normal 'don't abuse' clause.

Remember - sat broadband = large lag due to the nature of the service. Also, the installation charges are usually quite expensive as the equipment isn't cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Does anyone have an unlimited or a very large usage allowance using Satellite and who with?

Advertisement