Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure

Options
  • 07-05-2014 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭

Launches at 6pm GMT!

Tex Murphy is an old school private investigator in New San Francisco, circa 2050. There were five previous adventure games starting with 'The Martian Chronicles' and finishing with 'Tex Murphy: Overseer'. I played 'Under a Killing Moon', 'Pandora Directive' and 'Overseer' with my brother and Dad back in the late 1990s.

The best way to describe the Tex Murphy adventures would be; noir, comedy, a little cheesy, but a great story and excellent characters. All done in 1st person, fully 3D rendered world, accompanied with full FMV video cutscenes and actors for the conversations with various characters.

Here is the latest adventure that was on Kickstarter two years ago: http://store.steampowered.com/app/261510/

And the trailer for the new game is here:

Anybody else play the originals and picking up the latest one? I can't wait to get into this! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

The link says it's unlocked at 6pm, not midnight. Which is awesome news for me. I've been looking forward to this since it was announces. I loved the previous games, and even if this one isn't great, it'll be worth it just for the nostalgia hit that takes me back to simpler times.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Just played about an hour of this and am loving it. It's exactly what I hoped for: just an updated version of the old games with the same childish humour and a great, tongue in cheek Chandler-esque mystery.

I can definitely see people hating it, but thankfully there's a demo for those who are unsure. But for me it's heaven.

Advertisement