Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upload speed seemingly non-existant

Options
  • 04-05-2014 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hey, I'm just writing this message to hopefully get any possible insight into what's going in with my Eircom connection. For almost a fortnight my internet speed has become something that has been essentially breaking my browsers.

My hotmail crashes constantly, Twitch lags despite there being very little ping, random lag spikes that make search engines and Youtube take ten times longer to search for things, etc. Hell, it regards online gaming for my PS3 as disconnects while taking scores, resulting in me losing massive points even for victories.

After checking my computer for viruses and malware which turned up nothing, I restarted my router several times to no avail. Speedtest was little help too as each time I attempt to use it, it crashes or just stops working when trying to read my Upload speed which appears to be stuck at 0.00 bits per second each time Speedtest attempts to read it. Now, videos tend to be okay to watch and games don't lag at all, yet my browsers and things suffer for something I just can't fathom.

As it is right now, my Speedtest results are:
    29ms Ping
    1.74Mbps Download
    0.00kbps Upload (Essentially the website stops trying)

As for my provider and service, it's meant to be a 8MB Eircom broadband service. If anyone knows what may be causing it, or how to help, it would be immensely appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Check ur line stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Stormwrench

degsie wrote: »
    Check ur line stats.

How do I do that exactly?

Only thing I can see that has anything to do with it is the Line Attenuation, which is 12/7 dB

Is there a signal/noise (s/n) ratio?

• Advertisement

Is there a signal/noise (s/n) ratio?

I don't see it anywhere in there I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Have you called eircom support? They'll be able to check for any issues on your line.

We haven't just yet, things have been annoyingly busy last few days, but hopefully we'll manage to today.

Advertisement