Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to camp?

• 04-05-2014 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering if anyone can suggest a good camping location?

We want a proper camping site, not just pitch a tent anywhere, and we'd prefer if there was an on-site bar/pub.

We are willing to travel to any county but preferably not *too* much of a drive from Dublin.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

fussyonion wrote: »

We want a proper camping site, not just pitch a tent anywhere, and we'd prefer if there was an on-site bar/pub.

We are willing to travel to any county but preferably not *too* much of a drive from Dublin.

Thanks in advance!

Have you checked out www.camping- ireland.ie?
    How about Roundwood or Hidden Valley or River Valley camping, all in Wick low!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

I am in the same position as the O/P. However I am looking for somewhere secluded and not in a general camping park if possible.

We had a spot we used last year but unfortunately an undesirable element found the place aswel and we are worried about leaving the cars unattended. We took a spin past today to see if said people where still using the place and sadly they are. Ideally I'd like to find somewhere coastal. Preferably not too far outside Dublin.

Thanks in advance!

See thread "Camping with my son" and comments on Corofin.

Thanks in advance!

See thread "Camping with my son" and comments on Corofin.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 munsterabu

Hello, I think you have possibly one of the best run campsites on your doorstep.. Camac valley.. Check it out on trip advisor.. (much better way to gauge if a camp site is to your Needs) stayed there last year on a tour ofeEast coast ticked all the boxes for us though we were in a motorhome.. Happy camping

• Advertisement
Advertisement