Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is this?

Options
  • 02-05-2014 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

I have read the charter etc and I saw that there was a place or "showing off" your catch but I didn't think this post was fit for that thread. Apologies if I posted this in the wrong place.

Now to the topic. I caught this today on worms, and I was fairly shocked seen as all I've ever gotten was trout. I think this fish is a roach, but I'm not sure? Maybe someone can help me out? Thanks on advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

A perch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Hi there.

That is a perch!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭KevinEIRE

Paddy_R wrote: »
    A perch
    Thanks for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭KevinEIRE

TheBody wrote: »
    Hi there.

That is a perch!

Hello. Thanks a lot for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Nice Fish Kev, They put up a great fight don't they, wait till you catch his Ma or Da and you'll have a good scrap on yer hands.

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I caught two lovely ones on derrevara bout 3or4 year ago with my uncle and my god they were some size. 2half pounds both at least and scrap was really exciting. Both caught in same area on 2mepps.
    Caught some lovely perch on minnow aswell. They usually follow a spinner but throw a minnow in front of them and they hit it hard!

Advertisement