Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landcruiser 7 seat passenger reg change

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pp007

ubs69 wrote: »
    I think test 48 is seperate to conversion form , it's 16 pages of measurements And dimensions ! Have you done it ?

In foot notes of Form VRTCONVSQI can be read:
    'If a vehicle is changing its classification from M1 to N1, the masses and dimensions must be confirmed by an NSAI Approved Test Centre, whose scope of approval covers "Test: 48..."'

Also in form VRTCONV is something similar.

That's why I believe it was done, but I didn't see that, if that helps.

I've check all the parameters which are in question in test 48 before I went to do test itself and all matches for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Anyone know if a mk2 (1990's) pajero would fit the bill?

Could be a cheap and cheerful option? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 strange john

pp007 wrote: »
    Finally done! My HiluxSurf '96 is officially a CrewCab.
    It cost some money and a lot of patience.

First of all thanks to 'strange_john' for his suggestion about certified engineer.
    So how it worked in my case? In order how I did it.

- Weight bridge at 'Roadstone' in Finglas (location: driving form city N2 pass M50 and turn first left and then left) cost: 30euro
    - Certified engineer report 'Devine Coaches' in Navan (location: Garlow Cross, Lismullen, south of Navan) cost: 200euro
    - DOE now CVRT disk at 'Kavanagh test centre' in Duleek(location: R152 from Duleek to Drogheda) cost: 115euro
    (test center do not give disk, it's issued by CVRT and they issue it for 6months, I've call them and ask for a 12months as I was previously owner of the car and it is just change of class, no problem at all)
    - Commercial insurance (that was requirement from Ballymun MotorTax as I'm not a VAT registered) so I get the best offer form insuremyvan.ie - cost: 480euro
    - Form 111A stamp at Garda next to tax office.
    - Tax office, Ballymun. All documents (weight doc., eng. cert. and report., log book, insurance, form 111 and 111a) and all sorted in less than 10min. Cost: 333euro

:)

Horay! Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭ubs69

And now my trooper is done ! From a two seater commercial to 5 seater crew cab

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

how do the costs add up, going from 2-5 seats (initially and ongoing) if you don't mind me asking?

also, interesting that you went the other way, but i guess it's just a matter of working with what you've got. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

Is there a list of vehicles that are suitable for the "conversion" to N1?
    So far I've seen references to:
    o Toyota Landcruiser
    o Isuzu Trooper
    o Landrover Disco TD5

It seems as though there could be a few more machines that would qualify for the (800mm door height+12800cm^2 rear door area) and 30% of wheelbase. I'm trying to dig through manufacturer specs and dimensions and I think that I might have a few more:

o Mercedes GL
    o Audi Q7 (possibly - can't get the door height but it looks longer than 800 with the angle)
    o Mercedes R-Class - depends if the measurement is the actual door height or door aperture height
    o Renault Grand Espace

Any other contenders that we know of that could be 5-seater and commercially taxed under the revised regulations?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Mitsubishi Pajero
    Sang yung Rexton possibly?
    Ford Kuga is been sold as commercial with 4 seats.
    Opel Mokka possibly?
    Opel Frontera.

Some more out there I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Packrat

Popoutman wrote: »
    o Toyota Landcruiser
    o Isuzu Trooper
    o Landrover Disco TD5

It seems as though there could be a few more machines that would qualify for the (800mm door height+12800cm^2 rear door area) and 30% of wheelbase. I'm trying to dig through manufacturer specs and dimensions and I think that I might have a few more:

o Mercedes GL
    o Audi Q7 (possibly - can't get the door height but it looks longer than 800 with the angle)
    o Mercedes R-Class - depends if the measurement is the actual door height or door aperture height
    o Renault Grand Espace

Any other contenders that we know of that could be 5-seater and commercially taxed under the revised regulations?

Does the disco 2 (td5 or otherwise) work though?

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

vibe666 wrote: »
    how do the costs add up, going from 2-5 seats (initially and ongoing) if you don't mind me asking?

also, interesting that you went the other way, but i guess it's just a matter of working with what you've got. :)

If you go from 2 to 5'seats you are liable for a VRT payment.

If you go from 2 to 5'seats you are liable for a VRT payment.

Why, when it's still a commercial?

• Advertisement

Why, when it's still a commercial?

VRT was payed on a two seat commercial at either the €50 or €200 rate and VRT as a 5 seat commercial should be at 13.3% of the omsp so when you put seats into a commercial to make it a 5 seater revenue deem you to have increased the value of the vehicle and will charge you 13.3% of what the current omsp of your 5 seat commercial is.

Yes that's what they said to me , when I told them it's still commercial , they said it's worth more as a crewcab and so charged me the 13.5 %

VRT was payed on a two seat commercial at either the €50 or €200 rate and VRT as a 5 seat commercial should be at 13.3% of the omsp so when you put seats into a commercial to make it a 5 seater revenue deem you to have increased the value of the vehicle and will charge you 13.3% of what the current omsp of your 5 seat commercial is.

Every day's a school day!

Yes that's what they said to me , when I told them it's still commercial , they said it's worth more as a crewcab and so charged me the 13.5 %

Revenue are working off a list of the submitted conversions also and the penalties and fines for undeclared conversions are frightening.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

o Toyota Landcruiser
    o Isuzu Trooper
    o Landrover Disco TD5

o Mercedes GL
    o Renault Grand Espace

There are crew cab Kia Sedonas knocking around a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

o Toyota Landcruiser
    o Isuzu Trooper
    o Landrover Disco TD5

o Mercedes GL
    o Renault Grand Espace

I'm not converting anything myself but from reading this post a thought popped into my head - Looking at the bits in bold above about the door heights and if the door is at an angle - are they talking 800mm vertically or just 800mm door "height" - even if the door is at an angle off the vertical.

The drawing will explain it better

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭DirtyDiesels

What model trooper do ye have, thinking of getting me own done, ive a 96 3.1 Bighorn

What model trooper do ye have, thinking of getting me own done, ive a 96 3.1 Bighorn

Same as yours

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭DirtyDiesels

Same as yours

nice one cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Any update on the Range Rover commercial that was mentioned?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

I have seen in the last few weeks a BMW X5 06 get changed and a Range Rover Vogue 06. The fella who got the Range Rover done was told the 3.0 ones are ok (up to 2006) but the 3.6 model don't meet the criteria. But I have seen a couple floating around on Donedeal that have been done like this one:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/7620426
    Land Rover Range Rover Vogue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Casati

no12 wrote: »
    I have seen in the last few weeks a BMW X5 06 get changed and a Range Rover Vogue 06. The fella who got the Range Rover done was told the 3.0 ones are ok (up to 2006) but the 3.6 model don't meet the criteria. But I have seen a couple floating around on Donedeal that have been done like this one:

How would 5 seaters like the RR or X5 qualify- i.e the one in the pic still has the 3 seat belt in the back, and this would not have been a 7 seater to begin it? I thought you had to reduce the number of seats to get the classification approved?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

no12 wrote: »

Where did you see them would love an X5 one?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,912 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

looking at a landcruiser, it has been changed to commercial, has 5 seats. nct is up in february, as it is now commercial should i get the garage to doe it before i buy it or will the nct suffice?

whelan2 wrote: »
    looking at a landcruiser, it has been changed to commercial, has 5 seats. nct is up in february, as it is now commercial should i get the garage to doe it before i buy it or will the nct suffice?

It should have the cvrt done on it if it's been reregisterd

It should have the cvrt done on it if it's been reregisterd
    did a cartell type check on it and it was changed to commercial in august. Seller said theres a year doe when we rang him again this morning, anything else to watch out for, thanks

The usual car checks and I think you may need commercial insurance on it

do yo still need to have the dog guard /screen in the back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭tmboy95

Ya as far as I know you have to have a certified dog guard in place or else besides failing mot, the traffic core would haunt you.

• Advertisement

tmboy95 wrote: »
    Ya as far as I know you have to have a certified dog guard in place or else besides failing mot, the traffic core would haunt you.

No it's not needed , you can have it either way 1 a metal bulkhead to seperate load area or 2 you install secure anchor points x4 and have ce certified ratchet straps installed

Advertisement