Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wreck fishing GPS co-ordinates cork

Options
  • 21-04-2014 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all , im hoping some of you can help? Iv just bought the new ray marine dragonfly with down vision , i was sick of bobbing around the outer harbour catching nothing !! I'm going wreck fishing at the weekend what are the best wrecks to fish at , and most importantly I need the GPS co-ordinates... Iv spent the last 2 hours googling it and getting no-were . The best I can find is diving wrecks and most of then didn't have the GPS co-ordinates. I'm hoping that some of you have been to some of them and still remember the co-ordinates, also a few great fishing story's about the wrecks would be most appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 fishing

Iv found one uc42 (51 45.077N, 008 12.909W) any one fish this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

90.0000° N, 0.0000° W

Some NIce fishing there

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jim from Cork

Not wanting to be the bearer of bad news but the inshore wrecks are largely barren.
    To get any result you will need to be heading well offshore... And then you run the risk of fishing wrecks that are netted. Unfortunately our wrecking is not as good as it was. You may still get some decent congers on some.
    Still we can hope... Maybe they might get a break from the netting.

Thanks Jim , so wreck fishing isn't what it used to be !! That sucks ... How about the ling rocks I used to hear a lot about them ... Our boat has a long range tank so going up to 40- 50 miles isn't really a problem would that be far enough to reach some good marks?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jim from Cork

The wrecks have been blowing hot & cold (mostly cold) with two or three years. I think they are being netted more than ever before. A look at the specimen book will show the lack of wreck species. The wrecks out around the rigs used be great. Who knows what this season will bring...

The lings is always worth a run. It gets a fair bit of pressure from gill nets but there can be decent fishing there. Personally I like light tackle lure fishing out there. The pollack can run to double figures. You'll get plenty of action on bait too.
    The harbour will improve as the water warms up.

You will also find that wreck marks tend to be guarded like the third secret of Fatima!

You'll get some stories here: www.topfisher.eu ;)

• Advertisement

Thanks Jim , my gps shows all the wrecks but it dosnt tell me what they are. I have The gold maps for raymarine would these be accurate ? Or would I end up going on a wild goose chase? I think the lings would be the best option this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Guest0000

Have a look at the site, wrecksite.eu it is a subscription based site, though really is invaluable for the information that it shows,

Thanks guest0000 , iv joined that's exactly what i was looking for, my gps would only give me the position of wrecks not the name or what they were. Again thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

There is the S.S Aud, 2 miles out of Cork harbour, great history behind it as well with it being Roger Casements boat that was scuttled during the uprising.

http://www.irishwrecksonline.net/details/Aud114aaa.htm

http://www.irishwrecksonline.net/photos/Aud114aaa-Photo1.jpg

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Libau

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Caught lots of ling and some huge conger off courtmamcsherry last year...not sure of the loaction of teh grounds but i'm sure somebody would fill you in if you asked.

• Advertisement
Advertisement