Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing in River Nore

Options
  • 15-04-2014 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

So I've been talking to a lot of people about fishing on this certain river in Kilkenny, and lots of people seem to think that it's "illegal" to fish there. I mean fishing for trout by the way. So I would like o know is there any prohibited spots that you can not fish on? I've searched around and made some enquiries but couldn't find an answer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

I have never heard of trout fishing being illegal on any river!

The Nore is fully covered by angling clubs, I am in two of them - Durrow and District and Kilkenny City Anglers. I have fished Thomastown Anglers water and Inistoge Anglers water in the past. I only fish it for trout.

O Reilly book details every stretch from tidal waters up.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭KevinEIRE

whelzer wrote: »
    I have never heard of trout fishing being illegal on any river!

The Nore is fully covered by angling clubs, I am in two of them - Durrow and District and Kilkenny City Anglers. I have fished Thomastown Anglers water and Inistoge Anglers water in the past. I only fish it for trout.

O Reilly book details every stretch from tidal waters up.
    Ok thanks a lot. I've had to convince so many people that trout fishing isn't illegal, that I've started to wonder myself. Thanks for the advice!

Advertisement