Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stomach fat when sitting down.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Sorry i didnt mean i was starving myself, i just meant i seem to always be under the recomended calorie allowance.

Judging by what you are all saying here, its like im not accounting for everything during the day that i eat, which is possible i guess, i could definitly be getting the portion size wrong.

But there is a starve mode that ive read about where it will turn everything i eat into stored fat.

There is no starvation mode as you are describing. If your body is starving it will not turn food into fat. It may slow down your metabolism slightly but you will not be anywhere near starvation - its a very serious condition.

The most likely scenario is that you are miscounting calories, i would focus on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭missrandomer

The most likely scenario is that you are miscounting calories, i would focus on that.

Definitly has to be something like that, as i said ive only being doing this for a month now, so maby its possible im not logging everything.

it dosent make sense that i havent lost anything, i know my body is changing slightly but still i should notice something on the scales at this stage.

One more question and i promice il leave you all alone :) would you recomend using small weights to carry while walking to help tone arms? or would it be better to get lifting as an extra

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Definitly has to be something like that, as i said ive only being doing this for a month now, so maby its possible im not logging everything.

it dosent make sense that i havent lost anything, i know my body is changing slightly but still i should notice something on the scales at this stage.

One more question and i promice il leave you all alone :) would you recomend using small weights to carry while walking to help tone arms? or would it be better to get lifting as an extra

Hard to judge properly at this stage because of water weight fluctuations and body recomposition. You're better off taking photos rather than worrying about the scales. If you've noticed your body changing for the better then you are doing something right.

If you want to do weights do them properly. The particular exercise you suggest is pretty much worthless, just go for a walk as you would normally. You should definitely incorporate weight lifting into your program if at all possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

A month is a relatively short period of time, i would not get stressed about no weight loss initially. Your weight can fluctuate over short periods dramatically. As you have said nail down the amount you are eating and it should all become clear from there. Portion control is important and take note of everything. You'll soon see where the issue lies - it could be something you are not counting or something you are underestimating.

Small weights while walking wont really help you. Toning any part of you involves reducing the fat and improving the muscle. The walking and diet will take care of the fat but to improve the muscle you need to lift weights that force it to change - small ones wont really do this.

I always recommend lifting as it will improve your appearance and help burn calories. Lifting 3 times a week for 30-50 minutes can burn 40% more fat than just dieting.

edit: also - ask as many questions as you want. The more the better really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Thanks for all the good advice lads.

As i'v said I don't think I'm fat but defo need/want to 'flatten' the stomach a bit..

• Advertisement
Advertisement