Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi

Options
  • 10-04-2014 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭

According to the echo last night aldi have received plaaning to open in bishopstown on the site currenly occupied by topaz/lehanes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Wouldn't be a fan of them opening on that site to be honest.

Lidl located only a few mins away, Tesco and shopping centre literally a minute away. No need for it on that site in my opinion.

The area suffers from traffic issues at various times already as it is, not to mention I dread the thought of people coming out of this new aldi and trying to take a right turn to go back by the CUH, it a manouver which can be tricky as it is never mind if traffic increases again.

If I was living nearer I would probably put in a pretty strenuous objection .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,007 ✭✭✭✭rob316

How permission can be given for this is unreal. 2 lanes converge into one right outside it, traffic will be far worse

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭ofcork

Seems like a strange decision the garage is busy as its the only one around,i know lehanes are only there while they build another place.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Adrian4

I think they are clearing the site at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭mcko

Just look at the traffic in Mahon Point and you get the idea of how little they plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭blindsider

I was passing here today, and pulled in for a minute - looks like they're working hard. The site is leveled and clear. They have a layer of 'large gravel' down - sorry, don't know the correct term.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭TheChizler

That was quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Banker

TheChizler wrote: »
    That was quick!

Them Germans dont mess around...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

rob316 wrote: »
    How permission can be given for this is unreal. 2 lanes converge into one right outside it, traffic will be far worse

It's a rotten location alright. The rumours are that one or the other are interested in the Lee Garages site on the Model Farm Road now. They'll be on every corner soon.

Advertisement