Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cloonee lakes

Options
  • 06-04-2014 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi all.I am going to kenmare for a week and was thinking about fishing the cloonee lakes.Has anyone fished it recently? Also I believe bank fishing isn't permitted so is an outboard necessary if I hire a boat?Gleninchaquin is another lough I want to try.Any info will be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

theres a pub next to clonee that gaves u the boat but it doesn't have engines coz its a very rocky lake, I think its only about 15-20 euro for the boat
    it has great trout fishing that come very easily to the fly (any fly) lol

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭rtc

realrebel wrote: »
    theres a pub next to clonee that gaves u the boat but it doesn't have engines coz its a very rocky lake, I think its only about 15-20 euro for the boat
    it has great trout fishing that come very easily to the fly (any fly) lol

Thanks for the reply.I'll give it a lash so!

rtc wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.I'll give it a lash so!

Do it's not uncommon to get 30 brownies there and they are great fighters
    Must give it a go myself soon

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

Where is it, I'd love to give it go!

Where is it, I'd love to give it go!

A few miles outside kenmare if you go over the bridge in the estuary towards Castletownbere and take the first right go a few miles out the rd and it's in the left hand side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭wgsten

You might find some info here

Advertisement