Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

homemade smoker

Options
  • 02-04-2014 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

I've been looking to make myself a homemade smoker for salmon I'll have caught this season. Im going to build it with some old 1/2 inch T&G flooring I have in tge she'd but as for creating the smoke, im clueless for now. I know I can light a small fire with whatever timber I'll use, ideally oak or hickory.

Just wondering is there anyone on here that uses a smoker for their salmon and if so, is it homemade

As for smoking itself, what's involved in tge whole process and how long does it take.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭copper12

Half a dozen small crocodile clips; two large roasting trays; some stainless wire mesh, tinfoil’ and some untreated oak’ pine’ or cedar’ sawdust, about two tablespoons
    Place the sawdust into the tray; cover with tinfoil’ to catch the liquid’ from the fish’ place wire mesh on top, the large roasting trays; will do a two pound sea trout; a four or five pound peal; halved ‘
    Place the whole lot on a gas ring’ or electric one’ make sure you turn on the extractor
    It should cook and smoke at the same time in a bout half an hour
    Alternatively you can cook it on the barby’ on a cedar plank ‘that has been socked in water’ for a day or two
    Food for the gods

Advertisement