Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telltale Games Downton Abbey

Options
  • 01-04-2014 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭

Telltale Games Downton Abbey.
    Telltale Games President and Co-Founder, Kevin Bruner is excited about the potential of bringing the high-stakes inaction of the series to gamers:

The first time I saw Downton Abbey I was completely blown away by its high-minded dialogue, slow pacing, and quick wits. I felt that its deliberate story about the lives of aristocrats and servants of post-Edwardian era England would make for an amazing experience of this generation of gamers.

Series creator Julian Fellowes is equally excited about the prospect of bringing his series to a new medium saying:

I have no idea what a video game is, but this will give me the chance to really dig into the years and months of time that pass in between episodes when even LESS happens than in the show!

While neither party is willing to delve into story specifics, they hinted that the game will take place somewhere between the end of World War I and the Spanish Flu Pandemic, a time period known for its lack of anything interesting happening. Telltale is also gunning for an "M" rating by making the cutting remarks of the Dowager Countess extra sharp and allowing the dresses to show off a bit more ankle than the show is accustomed. Telltale has promised to honor the spirit of the show by not being too stimulating and keeping the inaction focused around tea time, dinner attire, wine selection, the status ladder of servants, and arranged marriages. They have, however, promised a not-too-thrilling minigame about sharecropping and managing the tenant farmers.

Never seen the show.

Not really. April Fools Obviously!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,869 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Excellent, I don't watch the show but I'll play anything Telltale put out. Is Downtown Abbey on Netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Excellent, I don't watch the show but I'll play anything Telltale put out. Is Downtown Abbey on Netflix?

Oh ya, its all on Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

*Checks date* Hmmmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah can we just go along with this please? It's bad enough the Half Life 3 thread hasn't been bumped!

1962697_644453712293822_186302271_n.jpg

• Advertisement

I feel sorry for .. well .. anything making announcements on April Fools day. No matter what it is, everyone's first reaction will be, "bullshit."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Any mention on what the requirements will be? Will I need to upgrade to 16GB RAM?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Any mention on what the requirements will be? Will I need to upgrade to 16GB RAM?

A gentleman should not ask such questions. I'm sure if RAM is a problem, sir can always find a wealthy american heiress with a plethora of RAM but alas no PC to install it into

Advertisement