Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to get ( x ) in Waterford City?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

Looking for a piece of lino about 8ft by 6ft to put in a shed that houses a couple of dogs. Any ideas?? Would it be worth trying carpet dealers for off cuts????

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

Any suggestions where I can get the old style screw in fuses for a household fusebox?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭leduke

Any suggestions where I can get the old style screw in fuses for a household fusebox?

kavanaghs across from downes bar in Thomas st.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

Looking for somewhere that sells Gardetto's Italian Style?

00016000166998_full.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Here's one for you. Where would one find packets of individually wrapped butter portions? I'm going to guess the cash and carry do them but has anyone ever seen them in a supermarket?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

If you want them in large quantities, go to the cash and carry. If you only want a couple...go in and just ask for them in a busy cafe or restaurant...granary etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,018 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I think I have seen butter pats in lidl, not sure if its a regular line though.

Yes, I got long strips of lino - a bit narrow (1 m) but I joined them with duct tape, for an outside work room, works fine and cost me about a 10-er I think. Try O'Tooles on Morrisons road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Here's one for you. Where would one find packets of individually wrapped butter portions? I'm going to guess the cash and carry do them but has anyone ever seen them in a supermarket?

I remember getting little individual ones in Londis Cleaboy, haven't been in there for a few months now, but they used to have them. Haven't seen anywhere selling multipacks of them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭stereomatic

Anybody know where I can get a wind-up radio in the city as preparation for the next time the electricity goes down

Also an idea of the cost would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Anybody know of anywhere in or around Waterford city that sells felt by the meter. Need to reroof a dog box.
    Don't want to buy a full roll and end up dumping 90 % of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Anybody know where I can get a wind-up radio in the city as preparation for the next time the electricity goes down

Maybe Mc's Outdoor Stores or Altitude. That sounds like something that the camping places might cater for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭stereomatic

Thanks Brendão must check those places out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Does anyone know where I can definitely get a wolf mask in town?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Awake&Unafraid

^ Have you tried the funk it costume shop? its almost opposite the original funk it, you might have luck there!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭burkey85

^ Either that or Partyworld, place is massive, surely have one

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Looking for 2lt bottles of root beer. the cans are too dear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Looking for 2lt bottles of root beer. the cans are too dear.

I dont know but you just reached 666 posts on halloween :eek:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

The Devil made me do it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭deadybai

Any one know where I can get a decent set of pots and pans for a good price?

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

deadybai wrote: »
    Any one know where I can get a decent set of pots and pans for a good price?

Budget?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Tk max can be good for that, or Debenhams nearly always have sets on special offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭deadybai

Dont have a clue how much they would be. Noting too dear like. 50e would be ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭taytobreath

deadybai wrote: »
    Dont have a clue how much they would be. Noting too dear like. 50e would be ideal

heitons at the hyper

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

Maybe a camping shop, like the one on the Quay?

I'm looking for cheap...or free ... timber for making raised beds in my allotment. Any ideas where I could get my hands on some.

Go to the recycling place at the Sixcrossroads ind est. Wear strong shoes and heavy gloves (and preferably take someone to help you). If you call at the office they will give you a luminous vest and a hard hat. If you just go in no-one will pay any attention - you will be there at your own risk!. There is a bay for scrap timber, I saw a huge lorry load of pallets going in a couple of days ago. It is very hit and miss, you might get some really good stuff or it might just be rubbish, but its worth a look.

looksee wrote: »
    Go to the recycling place at the Sixcrossroads ind est. Wear strong shoes and heavy gloves (and preferably take someone to help you). If you call at the office they will give you a luminous vest and a hard hat. If you just go in no-one will pay any attention - you will be there at your own risk!. There is a bay for scrap timber, I saw a huge lorry load of pallets going in a couple of days ago. It is very hit and miss, you might get some really good stuff or it might just be rubbish, but its worth a look.

Thanks, that's brilliant. I'll give it a go. Where at the Sixcrossroads is the centre? Is it near the turn off from the ring road?

Its signposted, but turn off the ring road at the roundabout where the big stores are, take the left turn at the next roundabout, follow the road round to the right and its at the end on the left - Greenstar. Go round the back and you will see the sheds.

looksee wrote: »
    Its signposted, but turn off the ring road at the roundabout where the big stores are, take the left turn at the next roundabout, follow the road round to the right and its at the end on the left - Greenstar. Go round the back and you will see the sheds.

Brilliant, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Looking for cheap wicker baskets. Something that would hold a few presents for Christmas like chocolates and wine etc .. Anyone know of where to get them. Looking for something at least under a fiver.

Advertisement