Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Sky Broadband - Where to next?

Options
  • 21-03-2014 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

I see over on the Sky website forums that they are now giving ban warnings to customers if they ask anymore if they ever plan to roll out Fibre broadband like their competitors. I defended a notice they gave to one customer and I got a PM from Sky rep saying any more similar comments would result in me being banned also. Some customer service!

It's been a year since their competitors announced Fibre plans and Sky are continuing to give the same bull answer that they are testing and no dates or plans available, even though they use the same lines as everyone else!

Thankfully my contract is up in two weeks so any recommendations for Fibre providers? UPC is not available in my estate :-(

Can't wait to be rid of Sky!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I'm with Vodafone and it's good. They're all similar really, Vodafone had the best deal when I signed up... free for the first 3 months.

Shocking bunch of chancers Sky broadband Ireland. Glad I left.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

It's been a year since their competitors announced Fibre plans and Sky are continuing to give the same bull answer that they are testing and no dates or plans available, even though they use the same lines as everyone else!

I left for the same reason but if you decide on Vodafone be careful....they've just cost me an extra €30 because they changed over my Sky Talk services in advance of the Broadband. See http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89566657&postcount=1

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

Thanks will take a look at Vodafone.

I doubt Sky will be moving to Fibre anytime soon as their reps have started to get aggressive about this topic on their forums giving warnings and private messages saying don't ask anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I see over on the Sky website forums that they are now giving ban warnings to customers if they ask anymore if they ever plan to roll out Fibre broadband like their competitors. I defended a notice they gave to one customer and I got a PM from Sky rep saying any more similar comments would result in me being banned also. Some customer service!

Thankfully my contract is up in two weeks so any recommendations for Fibre providers? UPC is not available in my estate :-(

Can't wait to be rid of Sky!

I'm not surprised Sky are trying to ban you. You are the most annoying poster on the Irish Broadband forum:D:D:D. Of course if those Sky reps were upfront with posters instead of the constant drone of "we're trialling the service", most people would be satisfied:(.

FWIW, if you don't require a home phone, then Voda is the way to go. I'm with Sky until July at a reduced rate and am getting 18mbps, so that fulfils my present needs. But if Sky don't have a fibre offer by July, I'll be gone as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Moved from Sky to Vodafone Fibre and have had zero problems.

Actually found Sky's customer service very good. Had an issue with slow down in speeds for about a month and they eventually resolved it and gave me a months free credit.

Also the change from Sky to Vodafone was absolutely seemless. Once I rang Vodafone everything was looked after. Sky credited my account for anything that had been charged in advance.

I went with Vodafone as they were the cheapest and the only one I could find that gave free calls to the UK in their package(important as my Mrs is English, so needs it to keep in contact with family).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

FWIW, if you don't require a home phone, then Voda is the way to go.

Why so?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Moved from Sky to VF back in December as I had enough of Sky's hog wash about Fiber ...
    Can't complain about speeds with VF :-)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89593527&postcount=294

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

peking97 wrote: »
    Why so?

Best tarriff imo. €35.00 for unlimited bb.

Advertisement