Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top ring for beachcaster

Options
  • 18-03-2014 11:50am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭

Anybody got a spare one? The one i have is grooved to bits and is fraying the line!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

chopper6 wrote: »
    Anybody got a spare one? The one i have is grooved to bits and is fraying the line!

You can buy them. I've replaced loads over the years. Normally only a couple of euro and most decent tackle shops should have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Any tackle store will supply and even fit one for a few euro. Sizes vary so any spares people have may not suit anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭.red.

I got one only last friday in my local tackle shop. He charged me a grand total of €2 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

slightly heat the current one with a lighter, to loosen it up and it should slide right off. A drop of super glue inside the replacement one will make sure it won't move when put on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Also if you are binding it on with new thread you can get creative with the thread colour for bite detection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭.red.

breghall wrote: »
    slightly heat the current one with a lighter, to loosen it up and it should slide right off. A drop of super glue inside the replacement one will make sure it won't move when put on
    I wouldnt use super glue. Hot melt glue will do and is a lot easier to get off again if needed. Its handy too cos if it the ring isnt aligned properly just give it a quick heat with a lighter and move it to the correct position.

Advertisement