Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

K-Club golf & food (2 or 4 ball)

Options
  • 10-03-2014 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭

Just picked up a 2 ball with food for €89. Great deal for a fabulous course. Used by 30th Apr. No day restriction.

https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/1063113-round-of-golf-for-two-with-burger-and-chips

Sorry folks, its €99. I just seen it earlier on one of those "timed reductions" which got a further tenner off each voucher. Still, as it stands, 50€ per person for golf and food. I just rang the Pro Shop and asked a lovely lady how much it would cost to book the LS deal equivalent with her. €95 p/per for the golf and 20 quid each for the food. Total -€230. At €99, its a savage deal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SUNGSAM

I used a similar voucher on Saturday gone. We nearly got blown off the course due to high winds but have to say its a spectacular spot. The burger and chips were tasty too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Good offer but you only have until April 30th to play the round

• Registered Users Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭dodzy

Zardoz wrote: »
    Good offer but you only have until April 30th to play the round
    7 weeks; i'll find the time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 padywhack

dodzy wrote: »
    Just picked up a 2 ball with food for €89. Great deal for a fabulous course. Used by 30th Apr. No day restriction.

https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/1063113-round-of-golf-for-two-with-burger-and-chips

Sorry folks, its €99. I just seen it earlier on one of those "timed reductions" which got a further tenner off each voucher. Still, as it stands, 50€ per person for golf and food. I just rang the Pro Shop and asked a lovely lady how much it would cost to book the LS deal equivalent with her. €95 p/per for the golf and 20 quid each for the food. Total -€230. At €99, its a savage deal.

If it was the Palmer course it would be a savage deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Zardoz

padywhack wrote: »
    If it was the Palmer course it would be a savage deal.

Well spotted ,thought it was the Palmer course myself.
    The Smurfit course is far inferior.

• Advertisement

FWIW, 9 mins left for a tenner off the €99 price. One of those sporadic deals just up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

That is not a good deal. The Smurfit course is overrated and certainly overpriced. Most people see these deals as "The K Club" but it's the Palmer you want, not this.

That is not a good deal. The Smurfit course is overrated and certainly overpriced. Most people see these deals as "The K Club" but it's the Palmer you want, not this.
    Dunno what kind of courses you are used to playing, but 45€ for 18 holes on the smurfit with food is a good deal IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

dodzy wrote: »
    Dunno what kind of courses you are used to playing, but 45€ for 18 holes on the smurfit with food is a good deal IMO.
    Forget about the €2 burger, it's the cost of the golf.
    I played The Heritage 3 weeks ago which included a steak dinner for €40. A far superior course. I also received a mail from teetimes.ie offering Rathsallagh for €10, and Palmerstown for €27 both far better courses than The Smurfit. Seems the K Club haven't twigged there's a recession on.

Advertisement