Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barrow Conditions

Options
  • 07-03-2014 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Thinking of taking the boat out on the barrow this Saturday for pike , any one know if its still in flood.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

jarv wrote: »
    Thinking of taking the boat out on the barrow this Saturday for pike , any one know if its still in flood.

Yep its still fairly high,I travelled through Carlow,bagenalstown,athy,goresbridge today and its flooded out into a lot of the fields.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭jarv

Thanks might give it a miss then its a long drive

• Registered Users Posts: 10 KindaRaven

I tried fishing it at Athy last Sat. Pointless, water was too high and murky, full of sediment. Not good!

Gave it a go yesterday in Carlow town and caught a few perch and a pike its still very high and fast moving though

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭jarv

Might give it a go this weekend hasn't rained for a while, its amazing how high the rivers still are the liffy by me is racing through.

• Advertisement

jarv wrote: »
    Might give it a go this weekend hasn't rained for a while, its amazing how high the rivers still are the liffy by me is racing through.

Its dropped a good bit nearly back to normal levels just back from fishing, bit slow but got a pike on the worm which is a first for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

beano345 wrote: »
    Its dropped a good bit nearly back to normal levels just back from fishing, bit slow but got a pike on the worm which is a first for me!

Interesting catch on worms never heard of it before , I can imagine you thinking it was a belter of a trout or salmon and then seeing a pike ha ha

popsy09 wrote: »
    Interesting catch on worms never heard of it before , I can imagine you thinking it was a belter of a trout or salmon and then seeing a pike ha ha

I actually though I got snagged in a tree branch and was dragging it back up the river I was reeling like mad I'd say the pike didn't know what was going on haha

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Caught them on maggots before. Pike eat well..... Everything !

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

can anyone tell me hoe the river is running, is it still a bit high or back to normal?

• Advertisement
Advertisement