Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daiwa Megaforce 3500x reel

Options
  • 07-03-2014 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi guys, just wondering would this reel be OK on a 12' waggler rod and are they any good?. The reel is rated for 12lb line but could I put 8lb onto it instead? . Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

geoweb2k14 wrote: »
    Hi guys, just wondering would this reel be OK on a 12' waggler rod and are they any good?. The reel is rated for 12lb line but could I put 8lb onto it instead? . Thanks in advance

I've had daiwa reels in the past and always found them good with diffent rods never a waggler though, most of daiwas stuff is top notch I'd highly recommend the daiwa cormoran blackbull hc series rods to anyone...beast of a rod!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

I don't find Daiwa reels very reliable at all unless you go into big money with them. If you want the best of both worlds, keep your reels shimano and rods daiwa and you wont go wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭geoweb2k14

beano345 wrote: »
    I've had daiwa reels in the past and always found them good with diffent rods never a waggler though, most of daiwas stuff is top notch I'd highly recommend the daiwa cormoran blackbull hc series rods to anyone...beast of a rod!

The one I have is rated 12lb mainline. Do you think I could put 8lb line on the spool instead? Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

The one I have is rated 12lb mainline. Do you think I could put 8lb line on the spool instead? Cheers

I'd throw it on maybe someone else can post a reason why not,as long as you spool the line on right I can't see a problem I reckon the rating is only a guide but you'll need more line to fill the reel,

beano345 wrote: »
    I'd throw it on maybe someone else can post a reason why not,as long as you spool the line on right I can't see a problem I reckon the rating is only a guide but you'll need more line to fill the reel,

Thanks a mill. Sher I'll give it a try and see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

What are you trying to catch ? I ask because if it's only for general Waggler fishing, 8lb would be a bit heavy In my opinion. Unless you are Carp fishing I would seldom use anything stronger than 4lb

21/25

uch wrote: »
    What are you trying to catch ? I ask because if it's only for general Waggler fishing, 8lb would be a bit heavy In my opinion. Unless you are Carp fishing I would seldom use anything stronger than 4lb

It was just a general question but do you think 4lb line would be OK on this reel or what does" rated 13lb exactly" mean. I'll be fishing a local commercial carp lake with fish from a few ounces to 14lb+

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

It was just a general question but do you think 4lb line would be OK on this reel or what does" rated 13lb exactly" mean. I'll be fishing a local commercial carp lake with fish from a few ounces to 14lb+

In that case I'd go with the 8lb strain

21/25

Advertisement