Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC DUBLIN 19th JULY **Start time info in post #1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Can't remember if anybody commented on it, but Pendred deserved a bonus for his choice of walkout music alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Can't remember if anybody commented on it, but Pendred deserved a bonus for his choice of walkout music alone.

Entrance of the night!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Great interview from Pendred.

D'Arcy is horrible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

That was tough to listen to...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Craptacular

How unprepared was D'Arcy for that interview? Knew nothing about the sport and his entire opinion seems to be based on having watched Conor throw punches at Brandao (who was covering up and taking them on the gloves) just before the ref stepped in.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

At the start of the show he was up on his soapbox saying how barbaric MMA was yet still had Pendred in.

Fair enough if you don't like MMA but to shout it down while still having a fighter on your show is just bizarre. D'arcy is a dreadful interviewer anyway and uses his show as a platform to push his own agenda most of the time.

Cathal came across very well and didn't seem to get too annoyed which now makes D'arcy look a complete gobshíte.

The problem with newcomers to the sport on the radio is that a lot of presenters don't know anything about it.

2FM were discussing the fights not too long ago and in fairness to the presenter they said they didn't know much about it. Forgivable because they came across like they were trying to learn about it.

In the case of D'arcy, he's just pure ignorant.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

That_Guy wrote: »
    At the start of the show he was up on his soapbox saying how barbaric MMA was yet still had Pendred in.

Fair enough if you don't like MMA but to shout it down while still having a fighter on your show is just bizarre. D'arcy is a dreadful interviewer anyway and uses his show as a platform to push his own agenda most of the time.

Cathal came across very well and didn't seem to get too annoyed which now makes D'arcy look a complete gobshíte.

The problem with newcomers to the sport on the radio is that a lot of presenters don't know anything about it.

2FM were discussing the fights not too long ago and in fairness to the presenter they said they didn't know much about it. Forgivable because they came across like they were trying to learn about it.

In the case of D'arcy, he's just pure ignorant.
    at the start of the show he sounded like an old man "so i had a look at "that" UFC" and he said UFC with absolute distain.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

at the start of the show he sounded like an old man "so i had a look at "that" UFC" and he said UFC with absolute distain.

He's taking an awful hammering on joe.ie actually. http://www.joe.ie/news/current-affairs/so-ray-darcys-interview-with-cathal-pendred-could-have-gone-a-bit-better/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

scudzilla wrote: »

Holy **** that gave me goosebumps

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Hey folks,

Just gonna report this in case some of you missed it yesterday - also Ariel Helwani gave it a mention on twitter so hopefully a few more will get to tag themselves on it!

I work for a company called Huggity - we take huge panoramic 360 images at sports events which allow you to zoom in and find yourself, tag yourself and then share it on social media. We have done the GAA semi finals and finals last year, most of the rugby and soccer games for Ireland and then numerous sporting events abroad.

We were delighted to get to do the event last night, another first for the UFC and to be able to have it done here in Ireland was great.

If you were at the event check it out and see if you can spot yourself. If you tag yourself you will get sent a promo code which will allow you to get a free months access to UFC Fight Pass - If you werent at the event you can still use the Virtual Arena to show your support and still get a promo code.

You can also play the treasure hunt game and find the UFC belt which will enter you in a draw for a years subscription to UFC Fight Pass.

Make sure to tag yourself and share it so that the event becomes and even bigger success.

Cheers

http://www.ufc.com/fanpic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Axwell wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Just gonna report this in case some of you missed it yesterday - also Ariel Helwani gave it a mention on twitter so hopefully a few more will get to tag themselves on it!

I work for a company called Huggity - we take huge panoramic 360 images at sports events which allow you to zoom in and find yourself, tag yourself and then share it on social media. We have done the GAA semi finals and finals last year, most of the rugby and soccer games for Ireland and then numerous sporting events abroad.

We were delighted to get to do the event last night, another first for the UFC and to be able to have it done here in Ireland was great.

If you were at the event check it out and see if you can spot yourself. If you tag yourself you will get sent a promo code which will allow you to get a free months access to UFC Fight Pass - If you werent at the event you can still use the Virtual Arena to show your support and still get a promo code.

You can also play the treasure hunt game and find the UFC belt which will enter you in a draw for a years subscription to UFC Fight Pass.

Make sure to tag yourself and share it so that the event becomes and even bigger success.

Cheers

If i didn't look like an absolute gob****e in the photo I would do so!

Pretty cool though I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Hey folks,

Cheers

I also look like a gob****e but i tagged me and my mate in it already!! Looked like a dope in the Ireland v Sweden game aswell!

EDIT - Mike King just gave you a shout out on Twitter to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭goldencrisp62

how much were the knock off mcgregor dethrone tops?

one of my mates found one in babylon, sleeves were ripped but he gave it to me. fruit of the looms so assume it was being sold by knock off vendors on side of the street, I didn't see anyone selling them though.

70 bucks for a signed mcgregor poster was absolute robbery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Cheers

Well, we weren't exactly difficult to find! :D

2m4oz86.jpg

*that's not me, it's the brother. I've some shred of dignity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Anyone got figures of the viewership worldwide of the event?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Tell me you are the one in the morph suit! Seen ye early on and made sure the photographer got you in the shot. Id say it was like a sauna in that thing though

Tell me you are the one in the morph suit! Seen ye early on and made sure the photographer got you in the shot. Id say it was like a sauna in that thing though

Haha, having seen the effort involved I can gladly say it's not me. It's my brother. I'm to the right. Said it wasn't too warm in it, but the trips to the jacks took a bit longer than usual!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The guy in the morph suit was class, every time I looked to the right he was the first thing id notice.

• Advertisement

Paddy Holohan grabbed him (the SBG lot were sat behind) to get a photo with him at one staged. Great craic!

There was a camera crew filming and doing interviews at the queue on the way in to the O2 (about 5pm), entrance 3. Anyone any idea who that was? Interviewed but forgot to ask what it was for. Would be good to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Jog my memory, what did Pendred come out to again?

Put em under pressure

Go back a page Scudzilla posted a video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

It's not a horrible interview.

Ray seemed somewhat unprepared, but Conor Conor Cathal came across very well.

Just watching the Q and A again some very funny moments from the crowd. Forrest looked actually pissed about the whooing.

He hadnt a clue what was going on with that to be fair and it kept going long after 'Ric Flair' sat down. There was some awful cringey stuff in it to be fair and some of the booing and comments were a bit childish and probably made by the bandwagon fans but all in all it was a good laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Forrest is such a funny guy always, intelligently funny. He also seen the whole Q&A for the ridiculousness it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just watching the Q and A again some very funny moments from the crowd. Forrest looked actually pissed about the whooing.

Link to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Advertisement

Advertisement