Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lake Fishing round dingle?

Options
  • 24-02-2014 2:02pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭

I'm off to Dingle next weekend for a few days...never fished the area and was wondering is there any point in bringing my rod,there's a lake right beside where we're staying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Bass fishing down there is supposed to serious.
    Not sure of the laws involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

http://www.fishinginireland.info/sea/southwest/dingle.htm

This covers the sea options around single.

If there's a lake then there's always a possibility of a fish. Sure, have a go!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Bass fishing down there is supposed to serious.
    Not sure of the laws involved.

Hardly at this time of year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

chopper6 wrote: »
    Hardly at this time of year though.

danbrosnan is around that area if he's online to give you advice before you go but bass fishing is all year around down these parts. The water stays warm enough to keep them feeding and Ive read reports all winter of various sessions where bass were taken. Enjoy the trip

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭dazza161989

Give a drive to kenmare to lough currane!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭invicta

First, Kenmare is 60 miles from Dingle, then Lough Currane is 40 from both Dingle and Kenmare!!!

invicta wrote: »
    First, Kenmare is 60 miles from Dingle, then Lough Currane is 40 from both Dingle and Kenmare!!!

Meant to say Waterville, I live in Kerry myself so I'm well aware of distances but if he wants to catch good fish it's the place to go! It's roughly 90km from dingle.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

chopper6 wrote: »
    I'm off to Dingle next weekend for a few days...never fished the area and was wondering is there any point in bringing my rod,there's a lake right beside where we're staying.

The weather too crazy at the moment, there is a couple of lunatics which would include me that have been fishing....

With regards to the lake you will be near by all means fish it, there is over 20 lakes on the peninsula that hold brown, see trout and some hold salmon, obviously for the latter you need a license but target browns and you will be fine...

There is bass about but the weather is too unreliable... Best year ever for cod down here... If I were you! Stay in the pub!

Kenmare still a nice haul from loch currane!

danbrosnan wrote: »
    Kenmare still a nice haul from loch currane![/

As per my previous post, meant to say Waterville.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

danbrosnan wrote: »

There is bass about but the weather is too unreliable... Best year ever for cod down here... If I were you! Stay in the pub!

Really Dan? I don't ever think of Kerry as a winter fish venue. Wherebouts would be popular spots for them? I do my sea fishing in south kerry. Havent seen anyone out in months - apart from a couple of lunatics one day on the rocks :rolleyes:

SeaFields wrote: »
    Really Dan? I don't ever think of Kerry as a winter fish venue. Wherebouts would be popular spots for them? I do my sea fishing in south kerry. Havent seen anyone out in months - apart from a couple of lunatics one day on the rocks :rolleyes:

Well we had 60 cod one night back in brandon between about ten of us, the cod aren't huge but they ok... biggest pushing two pound..

The rivers on the dingle peninsula will run sea trout and salmon from march and anyone that says there aren't hasn't try'd...

Some lovely coal fish at the moment from the beaches some up to 4 pound...

Eugene farrelly had a lovely bass of about 4 pound three or four weeks ago from a beach on the dingle pen....

Also some painted ray being caught from the beaches...

You need to get the weather right as you prob know yourself, we were trying for some specimen rockling last night but the weather got very rough all of a sudden, so there some great fishing at the moment in kerry...

Advertisement