Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Knick (Steven Soderbergh) [Cinemax]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Just finished watching the first season. Liked it a lot. The ending
    was pretty bleak for just about every character... Will be interesting to see how season 2 plays out, with the unwanted marriage, the moving of the hospital, and Thack's 'recovery'.

Yeah I loved it, one of my favourite shows on at the minute.
    Has a second season been confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Burgo wrote: »
    Has a second season been confirmed?

It was renewed a month before it even aired.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭jaysisjames

Almost finished the 2nd season of the knick and I have to say its even better than the 1st. Acting,direction & the soundtrack are first class.
    Best show on TV at the moment in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I compared it to Downton Abbey on drugs there last week - its brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Anyone know when Sky are showing this?

Need something to fill the Leftovers void :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

Stunning last episode, superb season.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Is this on TV currently - really enjoyed the first series, was not aware the second had started.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Anyone know when Sky are showing this?

Need something to fill the Leftovers void :-)

Geektown have Season 2 starting on Sky Atlantic on January 14

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Yep, can't wait, thought the first season was fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

One of the best shows around at the moment. Love every single episode. I love how they incorporate so many inventions in to it and the set looks so authentic for early 20th century New York. Very clever show and fantastic acting. Cleary is my favourite character :D

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

Cleary is awesome. He reminds me of my brother-in-law, or what the brother-in-law would probably be like had he lived 100 years ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭jaysisjames

Just finished watching the final episode of Season 2.
    wont spoil it for others , but suffice to say its gripping, well acted , tense TV

soderbergh has big plans for season 3 & 4 apparently , but they wont be made for another year at least.
    in the meantime ,emerge yourself in this show , cos its a doozy.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Excellent season and a great finale. Really love the choice of music here and the decision to go with an electronic synth score.

Lots of great characters but I think Cleary is a stand out and his romance story line was genuinely sweet. I wonder did the writers do a bit of research into Ireland for once? Some of the phrases - "I'm only slaggin' ya" and others are quite Irish. It made the characters feel more real.

What's the delay on a 3rd / 4th season?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

still a fan of show but found it hard to be motivated to watch it, only catching up the last few now.

did Abigail Thackery's girlfriend
    purposefully kill herself
    ?

Clive Owen said he only signed up to 2 seasons, sounds like he wants to get back to movies

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

ixoy wrote: »
    Excellent season and a great finale. Really love the choice of music here and the decision to go with an electronic synth score.

Lots of great characters but I think Cleary is a stand out and his romance story line was genuinely sweet.

Agree totally with this. He turned out to be one of the more enjoyable characters on the show, a real diamond in the rough type. I thought the confession scene was great too.

Loved the music used throughout as well. Don't know if there will be another season though, fingers crossed there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

still a fan of show but found it hard to be motivated to watch it, only catching up the last few now.

did Abigail Thackery's girlfriend
    purposefully kill herself
    ?

Clive Owen said he only signed up to 2 seasons, sounds like he wants to get back to movies

I've only started to watch The Knick in the last week and I'm hooked! Clive Owen's
    character was killed off (and I haven't even gotten to the end of Season 1 yet and discovered that somewhere online). According to Soderbergh it was always planned that Thackery would only be in it for 2 seasons. Killing off a major character is something he intends to do more than once. Apparently he believes it keeps things fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

So I finished it last night. The last two episodes were fantastic. I like how Lucy's Dad got his just rewards after all:).
    Gallinger is a hateful man. Knowing how the next 30/40 years of Eurpoean history unfold his new science movement is ironic isn't it?
    I have to say that having watched the programme I am now a fan of Clive Owen. I didn't think too much of him before hand but I do think he played the part of Dr. John Thackery really well in this.

Has Series 3 been confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Any news on season 3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Finally got around to season 2, wonderful stuff!

Such a pity there will be no more, but it does wrap it up as a show quite well with the ending.

A must see. Just don't watch it after dinner or with snacks :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Iguarantee

Season 3 looks to be returning with Algernon Edwards as the main character.

LINK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

I'm unsure about this
    Imo it only worked because Clive Owen was fantastic in the lead role
    I'll give it a chance

smilerf wrote: »
    I'm unsure about this
    Imo it only worked because Clive Owen was fantastic in the lead role
    I'll give it a chance

I only found the Algernon Edwards character interesting because of the other characters around him and their interactions. The character himself isn’t strong enough to stand up on its own, that’s just my own opinion after rewatching the first two series over the last few weeks.

On the other hand, the Thackeray character was superb throughout because of the manic nature in which he acted. Clive Owen really knocked or out of the park. The Cleary and Barrow characters were also superb and 2nd & 3rd place for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

Was barrow the lad who brought his gf to a fair? He was better character than Edwards but I dare say the world we now live in was a factor in going with Edwards

smilerf wrote: »
    Was barrow the lad who brought his gf to a fair? He was better character than Edwards but I dare say the world we now live in was a factor in going with Edwards

Barrow was the hospital administrator who basically swindled everyone he met.

Agree with you on the Edwards/black lives matter thing.

Advertisement