Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warface

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mine didn't work , said code already redeemed when I entered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Got a beta code last night but it said it had already been redeemed, xbox support were no help at all, told me the beta had already closed and they couldn't give me another code.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

I had the same problem already redeemed xbox told me to email the email address that warface code was sent from

I had the same problem already redeemed xbox told me to email the email address that warface code was sent from

I was going to try that but the address looked to be of the automated unmonitored kind, I'll give it a go and see, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

glad i am not the only one with the issue, xbox support were very nice, said it had been redeemed already, and did i know the guy with the gamertag XYZ that redeemed it, maybe chat to him !

• Advertisement

Xbox support were a waste of time for me, first they told me it was redeemed on Feb 8th and that I would have to contact Crytek to resolve the issue(45mins of chat to get to that). I contacted Crytek who told me that MS were responsible for the codes and that I would have to get back onto Xbox support. I did that and during a 90min conversation they told me it was issued on Jan 20th and I had taken too long to redeem it, then told me it was redeemed on Feb 8th and the beta had closed, refused to tell me the gamertag used to redeem it, then told me that I would have to register with a different email address and finally told me again that the beta had closed and I would have to wait until the game was released. I gave up after that but I have now done what Stylesclash07 said, hopefully it will get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Dunno why Crytek said to contact Xbox Support as they have no facility to give out a code for a beta unless it was given to them by Crytek, which it defo hasn't....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Did some digging on this, looks very like Battelfield, except for the Mechs.
    Riflemen with ammobox, Medic with defibs, Engineers that can destroy and repair armour. The ability to help each other climb obstacles is interesting.

My curiosity is kicking in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Did some digging on this, looks very like Battelfield, except for the Mechs.
    Riflemen with ammobox, Medic with defibs, Engineers that can destroy and repair armour. The ability to help each other climb obstacles is interesting.

My curiosity is kicking in.

plays like a downscaled version of cod so im told
    have no interest too be honest but its gonna be free isnt it? so can't complain
    good too see support is still coming after the xbox ones release

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    plays like a downscaled version of cod so im told
    have no interest too be honest but its gonna be free isnt it? so can't complain
    good too see support is still coming after the xbox ones release

Oh really? Black Ops 2 put me off the COD series, started feeling stale to me. Though it is unfair to judge a game that isn't out yet and that I have not played, so I will hold off on condemning it until I see more.

• Advertisement

Oh really? Black Ops 2 put me off the COD series, started feeling stale to me. Though it is unfair to judge a game that isn't out yet and that I have not played, so I will hold off on condemning it until I see more.

I'm not condemning it, I guess its unfair too call it a cod downscale but thats what's been said about it

I suppose if it plays anywere close too cod4 I'd be quite happy with it

I'm not condemning it, I guess its unfair too call it a cod downscale but thats what's been said about it

I suppose if it plays anywere close too cod4 I'd be quite happy with it

Apologies I wasn't implying you were condemning it, I was talking about myself.
    I am finding it hard to not judge it as it seems to be a mix of stuff stolen from COD and Battlefield. I should wait until I have played it myself is what I was trying to say. Can't make a judgment on something I haven't experienced myself.

Out of interest was this the code others got aswell ? 9DYQV-MY637-J23PX-?????-?????

calex71 wrote: »
    Out of interest was this the code others got aswell ? 9DYQV-MY637-J23PX-?????-?????

No, mine was completely different, Microsoft support said it was redeemed on the 8th, only got the email on 20th

Got sent another code just now downloading is 4.46GB

Just got a working code too, it's downloading very slowly.

got a new code as well, its brutal slow download though

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭digital ninja

finished downloadin at 4 today,i absolutely love it,the co op missions are a blast!

Didn't have time tonight for much, but tried team deathmatch, could do with some spawn protection or randomizing them even. Fun for a free game I guess.

1 thing I didn't like though was there clumsy controls for throwing grenades and support functions. I did like being able to swap in attachments though.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭digital ninja

i couldnt even connect to a pvp match :/
    good quality for a free to play game though,am impressed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,336 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

What a piece of **** of a game. It installs a hidden folder almost 5gb size. It goes in to your main drive, which is SSD and with limited space. Took me ages to find where all my space went.

The business model is rubbish too. You can only rent guns, not buy them. I hate these business models where you dont own anything.
    There are so many better games that you can just buy on sale and get so much more value.

What a piece of **** of a game. It installs a hidden folder almost 5gb size. It goes in to your main drive, which is SSD and with limited space. Took me ages to find where all my space went.

The business model is rubbish too. You can only rent guns, not buy them. I hate these business models where you dont own anything.
    There are so many better games that you can just buy on sale and get so much more value.

yup
    absolutely awful game, if your going to try and rent out guns at least make the gameplay good
    its a terrible terrible game, badly designed, fair enough its f2p in a sense but do they really think people would buy guns to play this crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

yup
    absolutely awful game, if your going to try and rent out guns at least make the gameplay good
    its a terrible terrible game, badly designed, fair enough its f2p in a sense but do they really think people would buy guns to play this crap?

It was purely built for a "poor" market so I really dont think this business model works for west. I came over from this "poor" market and I know how gaming works in there. 99% is pure piracy, because you could not afford paying 1 months wages for one game. ( mind you I live in ireland 10 years now, so I dont really know how well situation got with pricing as of today, but country is still in ****s ). Where I was going with it? Devs will take any little they can, then nothing at all. Pricing for that rented stuff is not as bad as it is for us in West and the value just looks shockingly bad. At least when I buy a 50eu Tank in World of tanks, I know its mine now to use as much as I want or as long as the game "alive".

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Seesee

Having a problem logging my son into warface, he has a teen account. It asks for a teen account but only works with an admin/adult account. Any ideas?

Advertisement