Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goat simulator

Options
  • 12-02-2014 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

What started off as a joke a while back, has now been turned into a full game. Its like a skating game, except instead of being a skater, you’re a goat.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,869 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Game of the Year right there and possible contender for GOAT.

However I have herd from a friend that it's bbaaaaaadd.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Shut_up_and_take_my_money.jpeg.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I dunno, not as much realism for me as the badger simulator. I mean, do you even have to escape the farm first? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

Does it have ladders in it ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

This had better have OR support. FPGS (first person goat simulator) sounds like an awesome idea :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Oh, sorry, I thought the thread was Goat Stimulator.... I'll get my coat...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,069 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

out on steam on 1st of april linky

make of the date of release what you will :p

• Registered Users Posts: 81,890 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

http://goat-simulator.com/

Available on Steam, Tuesday.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/265930/
    Goat Simulator is the latest in goat simulation technology, bringing next-gen goat simulation to YOU. You no longer have to fantasize about being a goat, your dreams have finally come true! WASD to write history.
    FAQ:
    Q: bro are u srs

A: Yes.

Q: When is the release date?

A: It will be out on Steam April 1st.

Q: Will there be multiplayer?

A: Sadly there will be no multiplayer, we are using NVIDIA PhysX and Apex for our in-game physics, which gives us amazing and realistic physics, but it would synchronise terribly in multiplayer. With multiplayer, we'd have to remove 90% of the physics, all destructible objects and a lot of our favorite features.

Q: Mac/Linux?

A: We don’t have any plans for Mac/Linux support at this time, but if it’s requested a lot, we might add it after release.

Q: Can we monetize off of gameplay videos we make on youtube/twitch?

A: Yes, just as long as you give credit to us for the game, you may get as rich as you want through gameplay videos, reviews, previews and the like.

Q: I have an idea! Add open world and police and animal control and spaceships…

A: Goat simulator was made as a small game jam game and that’s how we want to keep it. We will polish the game up (but keep the funny bugs of course!), but we want to keep the core gameplay small and silly. Hopefully the game can make you laugh for an hour or something. We are, however, working on Steam Workshop support so people can edit in their own levels in the game!

Q: Does a Goat Simulator really need a wiki?

A: Goats are more complex than you think

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,869 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The trailer is absolute genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I'm just bummed that it's Windows-only so far, but since it's on Steam, I hold out hope they'll do a Linux / SteamBox version too. Here's some more gameplay video:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Celadore

Loved the Dead Island trailer when it came out, so couldn't stop laughing when I saw this. Brilliant!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,162 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'm probably going to buy this, it sounds like it would be funny for a while at least.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

As funny as it is, it's only worth about half the price tbh. Played around with on Saturday for a half hour before I got bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Yea, it's pretty much a half hour to maybe an hour's worth of a game before you've done and seen everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,162 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I know its a piss take but this looks utterly retarded:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Got this. Its is hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I'm so tempted to get this. it looks like great craic but in all the videos iv'e seen it looks very unfinished, the goat's head is all wonky and often goes straight through objects.

I'm so tempted to get this. it looks like great craic but in all the videos iv'e seen it looks very unfinished, the goat's head is all wonky and often goes straight through objects.

That's a feature not a bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

lads this looks good crack but on Steam eu it looks like its €9.99 but the of on http://www.goat-simulator.com/ it offers it for $9.99 for the steam key if I buy it on the official site will it work on my steam account? I'd pay $9.99 for it but not €9.99

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yes it works, I bought it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Celadore

Looked really funny but played it yesterday and although I got a few laughs, there's at the most an hour of gameplay before it gets boring. Grand to buy but don't expect hours of fun. :)

Advertisement