Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dota 2 Ireland Season 2

Options
  • 10-02-2014 12:11am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Apologies for the massive delay, but signups for season 2 are now alive! Signups end on the 28th February and games go live the following week.

You can sign up and read the new T&C's here.

Any questions, feel free to ask!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

playing again kag or ye full up?

/dusts off dota

I'd love to pal but I don't know how active I'll be going forward.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

im incredibly inactive too, it's our thing

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'd love to pal but I don't know how bad I'll feed

Fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭KarmaBaby

Registered as an individual as I'm the only Irish person on my team in the JDL.

If someone wants me for a team PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

KarmaBaby wrote: »
    Registered as an individual as I'm the only Irish person on my team in the JDL.

If someone wants me for a team PM me.

Yo, there's no rule for Irish only players. We removed it because it would cause too much hassle screen checking each and every player. So go nuts!

Yo, there's no rule for Irish only players. We removed it because it would cause too much hassle screen checking each and every player. So go nuts!

Ah okay thanks. Ignore my individual registration then. I'll stick a team in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

im incredibly inactive too, it's our thing
    Told me you'd be playing some dota when we met in Dublin, what a liar.

you ran off to some "flight" nonsense and my other computer is in amsterdam now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8 pRO_MiKe

Here's my steam profile link. If you need a player just let me know and we'll play a few matches together.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197991904928/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Esre

http://dotabuff.com/players/38643303

Willing to play , no team. Add me on steam or msg me

www.dota2ireland.com is now live. It will contain

- Scheduled upcoming games
    - Current match discussion
    - Archived games

And so on in that manner :P

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

I'll see if I can get 5

Kunkka wrote: »
    I'll see if I can get 5

Alrighty Admiral ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 masty

Would be up for team comps.

dotabuff page:
    linky

Dota 2 Ireland Season 2 is now available in client for purchase :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

[Snowball] 'Where is the money going, Summer?' [/Snowball]

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

nice one! all the games in dota TV!

next step: Milestones!

seriously gl to all.

i'm not making a team, but if anyone needs a player or a standin, pm me.

All money going to a prize pool, I'll announce something a little less vague next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Awesome. I was wondering how long it would be before I saw a ticket for an Irish tournament. Bought my ticket, I'm looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

Got a ticket there. Good luck to the teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Supercron

Will their be Commentators, like actually funny proper irish commentators ???

jaysus I was great that wan time

Cloakie did a great job casting in the last competition.

i did listen to some of the other casters, but for me cloakie was better than anyone else.

i dont think there is an irish "Caster" is there? mind you i'm sure Dreddy and cherry and element casted various games.

@ cherry
    how are signups progressing? can you tell us how many teams have entered?

They did cast, I did one with cherry too. Not sure if there are any irish ones that do it a lot

Supercron wrote: »
    Will their be Commentators, like actually funny proper irish commentators ???

This chap is booked I believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gPjMvTmE2g

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

X marks the spot

34 teams signed up thus far

well that's a lot for sure.

• Advertisement

Signups are closed and the bracket is now LIVE! R1 and some R2 matches are now lined up and ready to go. Furthermore, we're announcing a €150 euro base prize pot, with ALL the proceeds from the in client ticket going towards the prize pot too.

To clarify, all games will be viewable in the Dota 2 client so long as a captain from each match confirms at least 24 hours in advance of the game the time of the game. Captains, feel free to post either directly on FB, on dota2ireland.com, or the Dota 2 Ireland Captains Steam group (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/D2IAC) when you have a date and time organized with your opposing team. Again, it's not up to us to organize your matchups so please join the Steam group at least in order to get some communication sorted with fellow captains

Oh, and best of luck to everyone! Let's make this a good one

Advertisement