Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fat/Weight Loss Plateau

• 07-02-2014 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys, new to boards, just looking for some advice.

I have been on a bit of a weight loss mission for the last few months. I joined weight watchers at home at the end of November, and although I know a lot of people on here don't seem to rate it too much, I found the structure really helped me. I lost some weight from diet alone, then in the new year started going to a personal trainer 3 times a week. This involves 2 sessions of interval training, incorporating weights or kettlebells and one purely aerobic session. I weigh myself weekly, in total I have lost 18 pounds, which I am happy with, and know that working out would mean putting on some weight in the form of muscle, but when I saw that I didn't lose any weight this week (didnt put any on either) I was a bit disappointed, as its not like there is any major difference in the mirror either.

I think my diet is fairly well balanced, but if there are some foods that should be avoided completely or are more important than I realise let me know.

On an excercise front, what more could I add, given that I can be pretty sore after some of the work outs as they are pretty intense.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I wouldn't be too worried about there being no change in a week. It's a marathon not a sprint.

You're exercising and eating healthily. That's what counts. Not the number on the scales.

I know that's what WW is based on but if you become fixated on the number on the scales being the only guide of whether you're doing well or not, then you miss/ignore the important gauges like how your clothes feel on you, etc.

It's only been a week. Be patient and continue to eat properly and exercising.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

TBH I have noticed clothes fitting a better, have gone down a notch on my belt and had to but new clothes for work :D

That being said, if there was a more visual effect, I wouldn't be so worried about the scales. In all reality I probably has the best part of a stone of fat that I could still lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Sometimes you're the last to notice the change in your body in the mirror, sometimes you're the first.

But like I said, keep at it. You've noticed some good changes already.

Just don't let the number be the sole arbiter of the positive changes. You have the structure for eating from WW - not sure you need to go to the classes now. You should be ok with the principles of what you should and shouldn't eat now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I weigh myself weekly,

What time of the day are you weighing yourself?

You know this already Jjayoo, you have your weekly countdown

• Advertisement

Ya but I want other people to give out to you :)

JJayoo wrote: »
    Ya but I want other people to give out to you :)

I know you're right but I have been using the same time since I started, and it is around the time it would be if I was going to a WW meeting. It would feel like cheating now if I checked first thing, I do check sometimes and there is usually only a 1lb variance from what I end up weighing on my weigh in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

As long as you are weighing at the same time each week then stay doing that. Doesn't matter what time of the day as long as it's consistent.

Keep up the good work.

So how did you get on?????

Lost 3 pounds this week! :D

• Advertisement

Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Soarer

I grew a goatie last week and everyone thinks I've lost a load of weight!

Soarer wrote: »
    I grew a goatie last week and everyone thinks I've lost a load of weight!

I saw a tree yesterday.

Advertisement