Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Angling Expo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

im debating will i head up from cork but i dont want to drive all the way to be bored in about 2 hours

must have a proper look at timetable and see what interests me

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭dazza161989

popsy09 wrote: »
    im debating will i head up from cork but i dont want to drive all the way to be bored in about 2 hours

must have a proper look at timetable and see what interests me

At least Hywel Morgan will be there, a great man for tips on fly fishing.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Can't stand that gilbey fella. Accent does me head in.

Can't stand that gilbey fella. Accent does me head in.

He was a guest at an angling show my uncle ran in 2012 and you couldn't hope to meet a nicer bloke. Made time for everyone and had Sunday dinner at my family's!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

He was a guest at an angling show my uncle ran in 2012 and you couldn't hope to meet a nicer bloke. Made time for everyone and had Sunday dinner at my family's!

I'm sure he is nice but his accent goes through me head. Way too posh.
    I met Matt hayes. He's alri. Mick brown I met. Nice bloke. Knows more about pike than a pike does.
    Paul young is a pure gent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Too posh! Lol his accent is as common as anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Too posh! Lol his accent is as common as anything!

I agree but I suppose it depends on where you're from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

I suppose so.

I met Matt hayes. He's alri. Mick brown I met. Nice bloke. Knows more about pike than a pike does.
    Paul young is a pure gent.

Each to there own I guess, Paul young is a great bloke alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

il head over for a few hours, mainly looking for a decent camo jacket, and mable a pair of waders.
    There has been very little high end tackle there for the last few years, apart from the fox stand. If the fox stand is there this year, I might get a pair of new pike rods as mine are 11 years old at this stage, and showing their age too!

in 2004, I met Matt hayes there, very nice guy. Also met Des Tayler, pure gent. While talking to Des, Martin Bowler came over an joined in the conversation. I didnt even know Martin was going to be there that year! Nice surprise to get :) Martin was dead on too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

Didn't see any mention of a Fox stand on the floorplan.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jkchambers

The Irish Federation of Pike Angling Clubs produced 200 of these signs 7 years ago and distributed them among affiliated clubs. They are 600mm by 450mm. We have just received delivery of 200 more. This time they are aluminium posters rather than plastic. These will be tougher and the same good size. They cost us just a few cents short of €10. We will have lots on our stand C4 at the Swords Angling Show at the weekend. They will be available to clubs at cost price. If any club wants some and cant get to the show they can call me on SNIP - USE PM PLEASE and we will try to get them to you,
    ConservationSign_zpsf5495084.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jkchambers

We will have a nice stuffed pike on the IFPAC section of stand C4. Everyone can have a go at guessing the weight. I believe the pike was caught in 1935. First prize will be €100 Southside Angling tackle voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭huntsman77

Anyone go today any good

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Flysfisher

huntsman77 wrote: »
    Anyone go today any good

Going to go today. I would expect that it's very similar to previous years in being ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

Just back from it was a good few people at it with a lot of stands and gear on display,I thought some of the stuff was a bit pricey but picked up an Abu Garcia reel for 35 euro and the oul fella got 3 spools of maxima chameleons 6lb line for 10 euro.

Advertisement