Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GAA Podcasts

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

ProudDUB wrote: »
    The GAA Hour is ahead of all the others by a country mile. Wherever you rate Parkinson on the Pratfactor scale of eegrity (I'd imagine most of us would have him up quite high,) fair dues to him for coming up with such an excellent show.

His Diarmuid Connolly interview was good, straight out asked him did he stitch up Lee Keegan in the All Ireland final :D

Its a brilliant Podcast overall. Definitely the best GAA one around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

threein99 wrote: »
    His Diarmuid Connolly interview was good, straight out asked him did he stitch up Lee Keegan in the All Ireland final :D

Its a brilliant Podcast overall. Definitely the best GAA one around.

The bould Dairmuid came out of that one looking a bit petty trying to land cheap shots on Parkinson. Some excellent interviews lately. Seanie Johnson was great and had a good one with Tiernan McCann a few weeks ago. I thought he went a bit easy on Tiernan compared to some others but maybe I was just expecting a total stitch up job and didn't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Heresy I have not partook of the GAA hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Jayop wrote: »
    The bould Dairmuid came out of that one looking a bit petty trying to land cheap shots on Parkinson. Some excellent interviews lately. Seanie Johnson was great and had a good one with Tiernan McCann a few weeks ago. I thought he went a bit easy on Tiernan compared to some others but maybe I was just expecting a total stitch up job and didn't get it.

:)

I was listening to the McCann interview and all I was thinking was, what will Jayop make of this soft and fluffy chat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Jayop wrote: »

Ah now, in fairness a lot of players take tongue in cheek pot shots at him. It's not just Dermo. CP puts himself out there deliberately, for the comedy factor of being put back in his box, when he compares his one Minor AI medal from 1999 with their 56 AI medals, 71 AI final appearances and 29 All Stars. It can be quite funny when he's talking to someone from Kilkenny.

PARlance wrote: »
    :)

I was listening to the McCann interview and all I was thinking was, what will Jayop make of this soft and fluffy chat.

I thought it was just that, soft and fluffy. He asked about the dive, McCann said he was sorry for it and made a show of himself. I suppose after that what more could Parkinson ask him about it.

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Ah now, in fairness a lot of players take tongue in cheek pot shots at him. It's not just Dermo. CP puts himself out there deliberately, for the comedy factor of being put back in his box, when he compares his one Minor AI medal from 1999 with their 56 AI medals, 71 AI final appearances and 29 All Stars. It can be quite funny when he's talking to someone from Kilkenny.

Ah yeah. I just thought Connolly came across not great but then maybe I came into it not really liking the guy. This thing about people not being entitled to have an opinion on someone in the public eye was stupid. Is he saying he doesn't hold a view on anyone he doesn't know personally? Nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I only started listening to it last week but I really like it. I think Parkinson is good on it actually, had some fairly interesting tactical notions in the few episodes I listened to.

keane2097 wrote: »
    I only started listening to it last week but I really like it. I think Parkinson is good on it actually, had some fairly interesting tactical notions in the few episodes I listened to.

There's a fee classic ones that you could go back and listen to. Some great interviews.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Jayop wrote:
    There's a fee classic ones that you could go back and listen to.

Particularly the ones from around 2003 to 2008 !!

Stoner wrote: »
    Particularly the ones from around 2003 to 2008 !!

Nah they were puke

Anyone listen to the Three Man Weave from Balls.ie? I find it excellent and if they sorted out the sound quality a bit (and maybe less Mick McCarthy on it) I'd near have it over the GAA Hour at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭big_drive

The Examiner have a decent podcast on Mondays, usually Anthony Daly Ger Cunningham and Derek McGrath. Good insight as all 3 are recent enough managers and well in touch with things

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

big_drive wrote: »
    The Examiner have a decent podcast on Mondays, usually Anthony Daly Ger Cunningham and Derek McGrath. Good insight as all 3 are recent enough managers and well in touch with things

This week's was a mess so I wouldn't go near it. Too many people trying to speak. Should have done separate football and hurling shows when they had all the panelists in.

The episode a few weeks back with Cuthbert, Quirke and Divilly was excellent. Some might not have liked the way they veered off topic but I found their discussion of the pressure being placed on young lads fascinating.

big_drive wrote: »

Nice one, I listened to a couple and really liked it.

Advertisement